★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Riverleap
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 43.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ***** Warning *****
Requires at least an iPhone 3Gs or iPod 3rd gen ("late 2009" model with 32 or 64 GB) or an iPad. Visually lush 3D & fast-paced, the game runs fast on newer devices.

"! Addictive, primal play." -chazzHelm

"...venal, viscous, and very funny!" -lilly66

"A flare shot into the future of iPhone games." -Schumer

"...just love dying in that Dirty South!" -Juthian

~~~~~~~Blurbs~~~~~~~
Juicy fast-action 3D platformer that's easy to learn, hard to master.

Near-instant load times make quick, exciting game sessions.

~~~~~~~Story~~~~~~~
YOU burst from an irradiated fish egg into an artful, treacherous river world. Your minnow body aches to leap soaring heights through the Mutant South. Struggle to grow up as Hilly Boys, Clay Gar and other nasty predators grind you to grannymeal!

~~~~~~~Gameplay~~~~~~~
Smashup dump barrels to go rampaging as a toxic fish beast. Jump on old tires to flop bounce high up the canopy, but beware of the Gull Harpies swooping up there! Swim through old sixers to slow down to molasses. Twitter your death notices in all their savage, gritty detailed glory. World is procedurally generated uniquely each time, giving you solid replayability.

~~~~~~~Credits~~~~~~~
Website and support: www.videogameo.com
Riverleap is by Brian Schrank. Special Thanks to Danielle Chevalier, Nathan Piazza, Geoff Thomas, Ben Medler, and Digger.

eggzbacon's comments:

03-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Awesome graphics, any ideas what the gameplay might be like? video?

03-23-2010, 07:48 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Awesome graphics, any ideas what the gameplay might be like? video?

Youtube link | Pop Up

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
03-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
YouTube: video
Thank you!
So it looks like a 3D Avoid 'em game. Hope they have the option to listen to your own music.
03-23-2010, 08:21 PM
ZOMG!! It's like an acid trip.... with fish!!!
03-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Ugh. That looks like a complete mess. Jerky movement (might be the video), garish colours, overly busy screen, distance objects just pop in -- so many distractions that the frog just becomes lost in the visual noise. Also, the trailer is bizarre. And what's that ... ball of ... meat ... thing ... that serves as the jump button?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-23-2010, 08:42 PM
For as many times as a video sells a game this time it has killed it for me. Until I hear some RAVE reviews this looks like they tried to jam too much in here.
03-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
For as many times as a video sells a game this time it has killed it for me. Until I hear some RAVE reviews this looks like they tried to jam too much in here.
Same here, everything looks a little... glaring?
03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi Riverleap developer here,

Quote:
Thank you!
So it looks like a 3D Avoid 'em game. Hope they have the option to listen to your own music.
Yes Songbird, You can listen to your own music. There is a "no music" option and your iTunes music plays through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Ugh. That looks like a complete mess. Jerky movement (might be the video), garish colours, overly busy screen, distance objects just pop in -- so many distractions that the frog just becomes lost in the visual noise. Also, the trailer is bizarre. And what's that ... ball of ... meat ... thing ... that serves as the jump button?
I can say that the movement isn't jerky, but the game does revel in the hillbilly bizarre. That "ball of meat" jump button is ketchup which complements the goriness when you're snatched up and eaten by children or bear:

Any criticism or suggestions always welcome! support@videogameo.com

Last edited by shanko; 03-24-2010 at 12:01 AM.
03-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Thank you!
So it looks like a 3D Avoid 'em game...
Gameplay was inspired/designed by taking fast action Canabalt into 3D... and then taking that into a kind of mutant south. Instead of only jumping over obstacles, as in Canabalt, you can weave on either side of them, or even under them (like the boats). The game actually starts off slow and rather peaceful but then speeds up the longer you live...

There is also rampage mode (when you smash a moonshine barrel) so you can kill everything in your way: hawks, bear, hilly boys, and gar.

Last edited by shanko; 03-24-2010 at 12:02 AM.