★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: doublesix
  • Genre: Action
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A groovy space based arena brawler where the titular heroine must survive an endless army of killer robots. With an arsenal of weapons at her disposal, the robots don't stand a chance!

---

Half way through her 5 year mission to bring love to the universe Babeorella crash lands on a stray asteroid. Unfortunately, this particular asteroid was a secret killer robot base and she now has to fight for her life against a never ending horde of deadly mechanical monsters. Babeorella is no ordinary lady though, equipped with an array of weapons for just such an occasion the robots will have a tough time taking her out.

- Utilise the varied ranged combat, where weapons change depending on your distance to the target.

- Upgrade Babeorella's abilities, from her Bimbo Bomb capacity to the whip's damage.

- Multiple power-ups to add Babeorella's progress, from damage boosts to invincibility.

- Complete challenges to boost your score.

- Up to 5 different enemy types.

- Unlockable costumes, each with their own unique properties.

---

Comments:

"a fun and intense arcade romp" (Touchgen.com)

"If endless action games featuring blonds and robots is your thing, you wont want to miss this one" (Appadvice.com)

"Funny and Intense" (Spazioiphone.com)

"accessible to the greatest number while keeping the flexible challenge thanks to the various levels from difficulty - Verdict: Good Assets!" (livegeek.fr)

"Babeorella is the best beat-em all game on the iPhone! (applicationiphone.com)

"all of the classic arcade touches help to mould Babeorella into a very appealing title... 8/10" (midlifegamer.net)

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

03-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Lol good to see you continue tightening down on sexual content Apple

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.

03-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Ah, Daisy Mae was back, too. Seems as if Apple doesn't take that matter too serious in shooter games.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-24-2010, 07:35 AM
I think they're okay with cartoon lingerie/bikinis as long as it's thematically appropriate to the game. I think Apple mainly instituted that rule so that they had a legitimate excuse to clear out all those stupid contrived "sexy girls" apps that were littering the store, which I'm just fine with.

This game is obviously a quasi-take on Barbarella, an old 60s adult comic [Warning: possibly NSFW cartoon boobies] and ultimately semi-erotic movie based on the comic.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 03-24-2010 at 07:40 AM.
03-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Jane Fonda was so hot back then.

😈
03-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
I think they're okay with cartoon lingerie/bikinis as long as it's thematically appropriate to the game. I think Apple mainly instituted that rule so that they had a legitimate excuse to clear out all those stupid contrived "sexy girls" apps that were littering the store, which I'm just fine with.

This game is obviously a quasi-take on Barbarella, an old 60s adult comic [Warning: possibly NSFW cartoon boobies] and ultimately semi-erotic movie based on the comic.
Your links don't work...darn it.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Your links don't work...darn it.
I think the links are good, its wikipedia that seems broken. try again later.

"I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation."
+Plus: maniac5ive may blog may not
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacfive View Post
I think the links are good, its wikipedia that seems broken. try again later.
Yay, I have a date...with cartoon boobies.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah, someone spilled beer on Wiki's DNS servers I think. You can always see the movie details on IMDB. (Evidently there's a remake scheduled for 2012...)

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Yeah, someone spilled beer on Wiki's DNS servers I think. You can always see the movie details on IMDB. (Evidently there's a remake scheduled for 2012...)
Am I the only one who now thinks glass lingerie is the greatest idea ever?

Edit: Maybe clear plastic would be more practical though...relatively speaking.