★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Battle for Vesta - New Weapon

03-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Battle for Vesta - New Weapon

The 2.1 update of Battle for Vesta with the new weapon was just approved and should show up in the app store shortly. Here's a new trailer for the game that also demonstrates the new weapon:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Remember, you have to beat the game to earn the weapon upgrade.

Developer of Battle for Vesta. Blog at InsightVR.
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Can't wait for the update. I didn't see a homing missile. But that super laser seems pretty strong. Think Ill go play some BfV right now.
03-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Can't wait for the update. I didn't see a homing missile. But that super laser seems pretty strong. Think Ill go play some BfV right now.
The super laser does the homing thing. It will try to go after whatever enemy your radar is currently tracking.

03-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Hey John -

I really like the retro feel, smoooooth framerate and really fast game load time (it's <2meg download!).

Is there a way to select a mission or does mission mode always start with the first mission? Same for War mode?
03-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Hey John -

I really like the retro feel, smoooooth framerate and really fast game load time (it's <2meg download!).

Is there a way to select a mission or does mission mode always start with the first mission? Same for War mode?
Greg,

Here's how it works. There are 19 missions in the Story Mode. Training is Mission 1 of Story Mode. You can skip Training and do Missions, which start at Mission 4. War starts at Mission 13 or so. So you can start at Training and go all the way through or you can try skipping some of the earlier missions if you like.

If you die (or quit) on a Story Mode level you can hit retry and the level will start over with the same difficulty, shields, wingmen, etc.

If you beat story mode you earn a weapons upgrade. You can earn two upgrades beating it on Easy, two on medium, and one on hard.

If you really want the upgrades (at least for medium and hard) you should start on training. That way you can accumulate shields and wingmen through the easier levels in order to win once it gets really difficult in the last three levels.

Survival mode has no story and just gets progressively harder. Note that retry doesn't apply to Survival.

03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Thank you :-)