★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: driven against one another in a struggle for wealth, orc & man are locked in war...
choose an alliance, warrior, & prepare for battle in this epic turn-based rpg!

---

-battle beasts, humans, & orcs
-buy land and perform labor to earn money
-level up by completing missions
-invite friends to join your party
-discover and collect magical items and weapons
-online MMORPG w/ edge, 3g, and wi-fi support
-3 character types: warrior, thief, and sorcerer
-a vast array of monsters to fight
-more than 100 unique weapons
-mission based experience and money system
-100 unique missions
-6 different industries for investing in
-intense battle system

---

take up arms, and become a hero today!

Artfoundry's comments:

Graphics look great, but no idea about gameplay. But hey, it's free, so why not? I'll be checking it out tonight.
03-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Looks ok. Proboly has DLC

03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
"The next generation MMO board game"
I'll try it out for free

03-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah surprisingly it doesn't have any DLC. Seems like nothing these days are actually free though.... I might just try it for that price of free.
03-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Impressions

Right now my impressions are split between both positive and negative aspects of the game (Although there are more positive than negative). I think the best way to sum it up is with a pros and cons list, so here it goes (the especially awesome things are bolded):

PROS
-Online multiplayer
-Nice turn based battle system (seriously, it's the best system I've seen in an iMMO)
-Pick sides (Like in world of warcraft, you choose a side and all of your characters have to remain on that side. In this case it's the classic orcs vs. humans)
-Plenty of skills, quests, and items (like most RPGs)
-Auction House (to buy and sell items)
-Bounty Board (Place your enemies on the bounty board for others to hunt them down)
-World Map (travel to new places as you unlock them)

CONS

-Friend codes (the more allies you have the "stronger" you are it says)
-DLC (buy gold coins that can recharge your energy)
-Energy system (recharges over time, and allows you to perform quests and such)

Oh and by the way, my friend code is 29.

03-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Right now my impressions are split between both positive and negative aspects of the game (Although there are more positive than negative). I think the best way to sum it up is with a pros and cons list, so here it goes (the especially awesome things are bolded):

PROS
-Online multiplayer
-Nice turn based battle system (seriously, it's the best system I've seen in an iMMO)
-Pick sides (Like in world of warcraft, you choose a side and all of your characters have to remain on that side. In this case it's the classic orcs vs. humans)
-Plenty of skills, quests, and items (like most RPGs)
-Auction House (to buy and sell items)
-Bounty Board (Place your enemies on the bounty board for others to hunt them down)
-World Map (travel to new places as you unlock them)

CONS

-Friend codes (the more allies you have the "stronger" you are it says)
-DLC (buy gold coins that can recharge your energy)
-Energy system (recharges over time, and allows you to perform quests and such)

Oh and by the way, my friend code is 29.
Tried it, clearly not my thing. But, Seishu is absolutely right about the pluses. It should also be mentioned that the whole thing looks very slick (though it's obviously -- and unevenly -- translated). The combat system would not be out of place in a standard RPG.
03-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Game Impressions

Also you forgot to mention that you can make alliances. You need friends so you can work at their land and so they can work at yours, when you work you get money but waste energy. The rpg part of the game is pretty good, there are 3 classes, rogue, warrior and mage. You get skill points with which you can upgrade either your attributes or spells. I picked mage and she had 2 attack options by default- weapon attack and spell attack, and a shield spell. Overall I think this is a good game, when more players pick it up it will only get better.

Proud member of TAAP. Join us and support the developers.
Openfeint, Plus+, Crystal: madamocta GameCenter: Lady Raveena
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Just by looking at those screenshots, it seems that some of the art in this game is blatantly stolen from World of Warcraft.

I won't download it for that reason. Especially if it has DLC. These people are basically making money by stealing other people's work.
03-24-2010, 10:34 PM
It definitely bares more than passing resemblance to WoW -- the ghoul and 'Nightstalker' armor portrait look straight out of WoW, maybe 'inspired' by. I'll try it for free, though.
03-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Just in case anyone is interested, I started a friend code thread in the appropriate forum. So far this is interesting, I've noticed a lot of similar or "borrowed" resources though... Like character sprites from WoW models, or music snippets from Neverwinter Nights.

That friend code thread is at:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=49434

the game is if anything intriguing so far. I'm interested to actually see what is here below the surface.