★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Hands-On Mobile
  • Genre: Action
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 26.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Saboteur is a dark tale of revenge set in the seedy underground of 1940's occupied France. During World War II, Sean Devlin, an Irishman with a heart of gold and fists of steel, sets out on a path of vengeance against the Nazis who destroyed everything he cared about. Sean wages a personal war against the Nazis and plays by his own rules.

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/HandsOn_Ent

Like us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/handson
03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Is this like the one for the consoles?

03-24-2010, 09:08 PM
I like it. Looks interesting. Video would make or break though.
03-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Wow... that was a pretty unexpected release. Seeing as it looks like a top-down, moblie phone game I'll take a look, but I'm not expecting TOO much. Then again, I have been surprised by games that looked mediocre but turned out to be fun.
03-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Defiently didn't see this coming. Anyone want to toftt?
03-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I like it. Looks interesting. Video would make or break though.
fire in the hole!haw-haw,FTW.anybody wanna share congratulations with me???
03-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Took the leap. Will drop an initial report in a bit.
03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Took the leap. Will drop an initial report in a bit.
Great, hope it turns out to be a good game. I considered it, but for $3, and seeing how it looks almost nothing like the console one, I'm a bit hesitant. I'll wait for impressions first.
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
Great, hope it turns out to be a good game. I considered it, but for $3, and seeing how it looks almost nothing like the console one, I'm a bit hesitant. I'll wait for impressions first.
Quick impressions:

1) It's clearly a port of a mobile game.

2) For a mobile port, it's not bad at all.

Graphics have been nicely upscaled for the iPhones (no blur at all), the game makes good use of the touch screen, the d-pad is, for the most part responsive, character animation is not horrible, movement is not tile based. I don't know much about the console game, but I guess that you play the same character here. I've gone through 2 full missions so far, each one broken up into a series of chapters. Mostly, you're killing nazis ("business is ahh-booming") with a variety of weapons. There's a stealth/line-of-sight system which allows you to do instant kills with a knife, but you can also blast your way through the levels using an auto-targetted pistol or machine gun.

I should also note that the production values in the menus, sound, music are all very nice.

As long as you can live with the fact that the game is an isometric mobile action title, it's not bad at all.
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Looks good. Video would be great. First thing I thought was Commandos for my ipod touch. How brilliant would that be?