Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Looks totally awesome, and an insta-buy if I ever get an iPad.

Next thing you guys should look into is using this engine with 3rd party "electronic gamekit" and "virtual game table" companies like Klooge Werks, etc to get a lot more use out of this game's engine. (Basically, import board/piece/dice graphics allowing you to (re)create any game you like using your existing engine.

Last edited by drelbs; 03-25-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Old 03-25-2010, 05:47 PM

This is Awesome

So does it have a Single Player Mode with various difficulty settinges/characters to play against

two player mode {pass and play} or head to head [like how traditional chess is played, me on one side, and the opponent on the other]

if so,.I am sold and will buy on Launch day
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 PM
iPhone 4

I got a sneak peek of this a couple of weeks ago (screenshots etc.) and it's mighty impressive. I don't believe there is a single-player mode (yet) but I'm sure Chris can work it out if there's demand for it -- but that might take a bit given the sheer number of games and the AI algorithms that needs to be designed for each one.

As it is, it's shaping up to be a must-have iPad app for any board game afficionado, especially at that launch price. I just gotta get me an iPad eventually.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:31 PM

there is no IA to play against ???
Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 PM

There is no computer-controlled AI component to BoardBox right now, for two reasons:

1) It was developed in mind that the iPad is large enough to bring people together to play. We also wanted it to be so that people could create their own games and share these layouts with friends via email and locally on the device.

2) Time to get the application out was limited, and we would rather have a polished app than an unpolished app with a different subset of features. With that said, we think the app is more than complete and will garner great reaction from the audience.

We think people will get on board, no pun intended, for the quality of the application and email multiplayer, which we have plans to transition into something closer to real-time in a future update.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:41 PM

Oh, and that also doesn't mean that there is no AI component in the future; we'll judge that based on demand for future updates, however BoardBox is developed as a multi-player title at heart.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:48 PM

ok, i'll buy it with my iPad, i was just surprised

to me, it seems quite important to add it in the future tho, but I agree that a polished experience across the board is more important
Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Any way you guys could add Sudoku? I know it's not multiplayer but would suit quite well, don't you think?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 PM

The way we envision BoardBox from the start is to be universal in the sense that it will be basic enough that we can put virtually any board game on it, thanks to the large open area for which we can put the playing area. Sudoku is certainly very popular, and again, judging on demand and updates, we will see if this is the way we want to go.

I would say that you probably won't be disappointed with our first round of game additions though!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:10 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I really hope I'm getting an ipad soon. If so I'll definitely pick this game up.

The rendering of the pieces is absolutely fantastic

Last edited by VeganTnT; 03-25-2010 at 11:22 PM..

Closed Thread