★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hit N'Run. Post about piracy

03-25-2010, 05:41 AM
Hit N'Run. Post about piracy

Hi,

Igor Petrov is here, from Mitkin & Petrov Productions.
I want to let all of you know that there is a pirated version of my game, Hit N'Run is available on the torrents.

I know, that there are some of you who already downloaded and installed pirated copy of my game on your jailbroken iPhones. I can not do anything with it. Shame on you!

And yes, the price of the game is $2.99 "is a bit pricey" and the screens and trailer looks nice, so you've made an excuse for yourself. You might say, that you are going to see what the game is and if you like it, you definitely will buy it. I know, you would not.

I'd like to thank all of my paying customers, I know you like Hit N'Run. I received tons of positive reviews, and suggestions. I WILL continue developing it, adding a new features and making it better.

I do not think I will make a considerable profit, because of the piracy, but the developing is a great fun for me, so I'm ok with it.

I only wanted to say that I am very disappointed and a bit sad.

Regards,

Igor Petrov
03-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Cheer up. You just got yourself a new customer

03-25-2010, 06:14 AM
i can almost bet you're about to get a whole wave of pms begging for promo codes :P

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
i can almost bet you're about to get a whole wave of pms begging for promo codes :P
In which you should report such users if they do so.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
03-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
i don't see a problem when people beg for promo codes - they are welcome to try (doesn't hurt to ask) - but, in the end the developer has to decide if they want to give it out in regards to piracy? welcome to the digital age. it isn't going to go away, better just to ignore it and focus on your real customers..

i'm hosting a 6 week give-away of my game and watch games (birthday bash) - they have 6 weeks to get a free copy and be part of it.. instead of just being a pirate. it happens, even when your apps are 99c.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
03-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
mhm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile1up View Post
i don't see a problem when people beg for promo codes - they are welcome to try (doesn't hurt to ask) - but, in the end the developer has to decide if they want to give it out in regards to piracy? welcome to the digital age. it isn't going to go away, better just to ignore it and focus on your real customers..

i'm hosting a 6 week give-away of my game and watch games (birthday bash) - they have 6 weeks to get a free copy and be part of it.. instead of just being a pirate. it happens, even when your apps are 99c.
hear, hear!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Code beggars - especially people who review games officially on app websites - simply suck.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Code beggars - especially people who review games officially on app websites - simply suck.
I'd have to disagree. There are people who aren't so much "code beggars" as they are individuals who care about the industry and want to help promote it. Developers also love the free publicity it generates as well. If this is a mode of advertising and marketing that is acceptable and both parties involved keep their ends of the bargain, then all is copacetic

However, to the developer who initiated this thread, I do agree that piracy sucks. I have someone encouraging me to jail break by iTouch, but it just ain't worth it, y'know? Especially when the price point for these apps are far cheaper than those offered on most mobile platforms.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 03-25-2010 at 08:08 AM.
03-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I am totally buying this game, if only to spite piracy

Buy yourself a coffee or something with my two bucks
03-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
I'd have to disagree. There are people who aren't so much "code beggars" as they are individuals who care about the industry and want to help promote it. Developers also love the free publicity it generates as well. If this is a mode of advertising and marketing that is acceptable and both parties involved keep their ends of the bargain, then all is copacetic

However, to the developer who initiated this thread, I do agree that piracy sucks. I have someone encouraging me to jail break by iTouch, but it just ain't worth it, y'know? Especially when the price point for these apps are far cheaper than those offered on most mobile platforms.
hahahaha +10000 for using the word "copacetic" i LOVE that word

also i dont mean no disrespect to the dev here but honestly isnt piracy really a non issue now? you just gotta think outside the box shame on you for not leveraging the tools available. i mean seriously don't let this get you down, dont dwell on this, dont blame piracy for your products shortcomings. its ultimately your fault, get up and do something about it and last but certinaly not least dont give up

take advantage of this, turn this negative into a positive, how can you leverage this? what could you have done to prevent this from happening?

inquiring minds want to know................

what are you going to do about this?

much love and good luck!!

i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but im just trying to get you pumped up!!!

I consult with the 7 sages