★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Broken Sword: Director's Cut coming to iPad

03-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Broken Sword: Director's Cut coming to iPad

I'm sure most of you know of Broken Sword: Director's Cut, from Revolution Software (developers of Beneath a Steel Sky). BSC was released to high critical acclaim on the app store a few months ago and the developers have now said on their site that an iPad version is in the works!

Imo the iPad is the best ever device for 2D adventure titles, and Broken Sword is among the best ever.

TouchArcade review of BSC for iPhone:

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars: The Director's Cut is a remake of a point-and-click adventure from '96 that many consider to be one of the greatest games within its genre..

.. Broken Sword's creative touch interface works like a charm on the iPhone screen, but it was the one-two punch of the game's fantastic soundtrack and art that really hooked me. The piano-heavy orchestral soundtrack is so good that I purchased it from the iTunes store so I could listen to it later, and the fact that every line of dialogue in the game is voiced makes this a game that must be experienced with headphones. Dave Gibbon's contribution to the art and animation was an invaluable addition, as the painted backgrounds and the fluid animation adds a certain appealing touch to the game.

Playing: We Rule, Plants vs. Zombies, AquaForest, Broken Sword
Plus+: Ciaran88

MacMystic - Forecasts, predictions and suggestions for Apple Inc
03-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Nice! Point-and-clicks should be great on the iPad. I hope this means good things for Beneath a Steel Sky, too!
03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Man! I just bought this on the iPhone. I have a feeling it'll be a seperate app but let's hope I'm wrong!

Twitter: @bgribin
03-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Awesome game, too bad I already beat it on the iPhone recently.