★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Namazu Studios
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1968
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Create a unique character and duel other players LIVE in this FREE massively multiplayer online game on your iPhone and iPod Touch! Fight your way up the leaderboards and deck out your character in totally sweet gear!

Features:
Duel other players LIVE in strategic RPG-style battles!
No limits on how many times a day or how often you can fight!
"Sleepwalkers" allow you to fight even if live opponents aren't available!
Create a custom character when you start! Earn credits in battle to buy awesome gear for your character!
Hundreds of unique equipment items to choose from, with more to come!
Gear changes the way your character looks, boosts stats, and contains powerful special abilities!
Multiple character classes with unique abilities and bonuses, with more coming soon!
Weekly and Overall Leaderboards offer two ranking ladders to climb!

Grab your dueling glove and get ready to slap your rivals!

iDuel Online requires a WiFi, 3G or Edge Network connection.

See the trailer on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRvwRzjm2_Y

Follow us on Twitter for updates: http://www.twitter.com/namazustudios/
E-mail us for support: support@namazustudios.com

NamazuSam's comments:
This is Sam, from Namazu Studios! We've just released iDuel Online for the iPhone!

iDuel Online is a free massively multiplayer dueling RPG for the iPhone and iPod Touch featuring live PVP (player vs player) combat. Create a unique character! Fight your way up the leaderboards and deck out your character in totally sweet gear!

Here's our trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here's the App Store link to get the app free:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iduel-online/id360729665?mt=8

Edit:
iDuel Online 1.1 Update is now live!
More info here: http://www.namazustudios.com/blog/id...pdate-is-live/
03-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Downloaded this. It's freemium. Deleted.

03-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Is this game any good?
03-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Downloaded this. It's freemium. Deleted.
While we do have in-app purchases, players definitely don't need to buy them in order to play the game, have access to the vast majority of gear, and be competitive. There's no limits on free play or anything like that.

We'd love to hear what thoughts people have about the game. We have a lot planned for updates and want to keep players' input in mind!
03-27-2010, 03:15 AM
tried this then deleted it.why??? first of all i want to say tuat this game has some potential. when i request a fight it takes me FOREVER! and after i wait a good 15 mins for the opponent to accept it tells me to check my connection....and i have really good wifi so its not my wifis problem. second when i get into a fight(after trying like 10times) i choose to attack my opponent. it says waiting for oppoent with 45 secs left. what the point of the 45 secs if it doesnt do anything? it goes to zero and it stays there for like...forever. i waited about 5mins and nothing still happened. this game needs updates....its not worth keeping on my ipod if you cant do nothing.
03-27-2010, 07:17 PM
We're now working on some updates to both the game and the server. We will improve performance in matchmaking and battle to take care of the issues many players have experienced.

We'll also be adding a "Sleepwalker" bot mode. This will allow players to choose to duel a bot version of a character if they can't successfully challenge another live player to a match or if other players are unavailable.

I'll post updates here (as well as on Twitter and our blog) as the changes go live.
04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
The first update for iDuel Online is now available on the App Store. We've made added some features and fixes to address some of the issues that players have brought up here and in App Store reviews. We're already working on the next update as well!

Features added to the new release:
  • Added Sleepwalker mode. When a player has disconnected or logged off, opponents may challenge them and the server will play in their place. If the server population is low there is always somebody to fight, even if that person is just a bot. Winning a Sleepwalker match reduces your match point earnings, however, so its always best to fight live players when possible!
  • Added auto-refresh to the lobby. This will keep you up to date with the players entering and leaving the lobby in real time.
  • If a player disconnects during game play (ie you see them Do Nothing), the player will automatically forfeit on the next turn if he/she does not take action. The winner is awarded full match points and credits if an opponent disconnects. The loser will receive zero credits and zero match points.

Major Bug fixes/Improvements:
  • If you have multiple challenges pending, the server will automatically decline all other challenges when you enter a game. This prevents many situations where you issue a challenge and wait forever for somebody to accept or decline and never get a response.
  • Made the lobby more efficient. We greatly reduce the rate at which games fail to connect.
  • Found and fixed a number of crash problems.
  • Fixed the major issue where the duel screen simply waits forever on the opponent.
  • iDuel Online now requires iPhone OS 3.0 or greater.
04-08-2010, 07:23 PM
This game is G.R.E.A.T.
You never have to buy In app purchases, the only thing that made me quit this game is that there are lots of cheaters that have two iphones and make them challenge each other for free wins, i still play it in my spare time when im bored but i hope you stop the cheating from happening.
( if there is a way to do that)
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Cheaters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolymoli View Post
This game is G.R.E.A.T.
You never have to buy In app purchases, the only thing that made me quit this game is that there are lots of cheaters that have two iphones and make them challenge each other for free wins, i still play it in my spare time when im bored but i hope you stop the cheating from happening.
( if there is a way to do that)
We're aware of the issue and are working on countermeasures to ensure that players can't rack up experience unfairly. Though there is no surefire way to flat-out prevent cheating, we're adding features to help users report suspect activity as well as putting in place internal audits to flag suspect players. Since the game has just been released we don't have a whole lot of usage metrics as to what should be valid grounds for "cheating" but as we gather more data the better we will be able to assess such circumstances.

--
Patrick Twohig
iDuel Online Server Engineer
12-14-2010, 06:12 PM
iDuel Online Holiday 2010

This is Sam, from Namazu Studios! We've just released a special edition promo version of iDuel Online, called iDuel Online Holiday 2010. It's available on the App Store now!

Since iDuel Online's initial release, we've made many additions, updates, and optimizations to the game. The Holiday 2010 Special Edition is the perfect opportunity to try iDuel Online or for veteran players to return to the game. This version of iDuel Online is a limited time promotion that awards you with Christmas-themed gear. The first time you log in with the Special Edition, you'll get at least one free Christmas item gift as well as 30 free Spectral Credits. As you level up, you'll earn more free items! Log in and play often to collect all 35!

Here's a link to the game in the App Store:
http://bit.ly/hWGEWu