★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tap along with your thumbs to the coolest indie music and the most popular songs out there! If you like playing drums with your hands, or even better, if you like playing bongos or congas, this game is made for you! Play the role of bongo player in the rock band, tapping your thumbs to the beat on the left and right drum pads, as well as shaking the device like a maraca.

ALL DOWNLOADABLE SONGS ARE FREE!

Yes, you read that right. ALL of the downloadable content for Bongo Blitz is FREE, featuring the best independent and up-and-coming bands and artists in the music scene. There will be weekly releases of new songs as well, all of which will be free.

3 SONGS COME WITH THE GAME:

"Crazy Love" by Ernie Halter
"Shake" by Jason Cerda
"Bergerac" by Back Pocket Memory

Many more songs are available for download as well, and remember -- all downloadable content is free!

NOTETRACKS FEATURE -- USE YOUR OWN MUSIC!

One of our favorite features in Bongo Blitz: play along to popular music that you have in your own music library! Download NoteTracks to compatible songs found in your music library, and since you already have the song in your device, NoteTrack downloads are super quick! We will be providing NoteTracks for as many of the most popular mainstream songs out there, with new NoteTracks released every week. And yes NoteTracks are all free!

REQUIREMENTS:

Bongo Blitz requires 3.0+ OS.

TheSporkWithin's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Looks like Donkey Konga, which I loved. I might have to grab this for 99 cents... I'd get it now if I had any money in my iTunes account.

03-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Tried the lite version and it is actually pretty good.
03-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I grabbed the lite too. I'm not too impressed with the 3 included songs, I wonder what else is available...
04-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Send a message via AIM to Gianorama
Hey guys, I'm Gian. I'm the designer of Feel Every Yummy and this game Bongo Blitz. Nattylux of Imangi suggested that I join the Touch Arcade forums, so here I am

We're still working on this game constantly, and we have lots of improvements and new features in the pipeline. Version 1.1 helped a lot with the initial first load of the game, so it should perform even better now.

Our song list is growing, too. If you guys have any suggestions for songs -- indie or mainstream -- that you'd like to see in the game, please tell us here! We welcome all genres, and the turnaround time can be pretty quick if we like the song enough!

Looking forward to more conversations with you guys in the forums.
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
The masochist in me really wants to see Atlas by Battles in this game...

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-02-2010, 07:08 PM
From Little Big Planet! Love it. I wonder if that band would be nice enough to let us use the song for our game... we'll see!

Bongo Blitz! Music Game for iPhone: www.bongoblitz.com

Gian Cruz
Designer & Co-Founder, Feel Every Yummy LLC
04-02-2010, 07:19 PM
It's definitely a fun game. I just wish there were some less pop songs available currently. Pixies would be fantastically fun to play in a game like this.
04-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Rest assured, the song list will always be growing. Weekly releases of indie and mainstream songs guaranteed, and probably more sprinkled here and there.

If the demand is there, we'll definitely add some Pixies action in Bongo Blitz For now though, our best bet is to look at that Top 100 list on iTunes, as pop as it may be. Those are the songs that everyone has, which means more compatibility if we use them.

Bongo Blitz! Music Game for iPhone: www.bongoblitz.com

Gian Cruz
Designer & Co-Founder, Feel Every Yummy LLC
04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
hmmm how does the "play with your own music work? will I have to upload files to a server then download them in order to play them? or will the game simply create note (beats) from my ipod's music library directly?