★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vutronic LC
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *******************************************

" This is the first game of its type that I truly enjoy and can see evolving into a top game, as it is not just flying thru a cavern for distance. If you are questioning whether to get this game I would say it is worth the money and you will not be disappointed... "
-forums.toucharcade.com

"Overall, I do recommend this game to pickup and play gamers. Its a worthwhile game with a cool theme and some addicting gameplay. Openfeint leaderboards keep track of your high score and enemy kills for a little competition.." -forums.toucharcade.com

"When I first started playing I thought cave flying game. But this game takes that concept a couple of levels past that. The gameplay is very good. I like the throwing of the javelins while avoiding the islands boulders and other flying items. "
-forums.toucharcade.com

You are the last hero of Sparta, racing against time and desperately trying to survive. Guide your battle horse to avoid air and ground obstacles such as rolling boulders, floating islands, drifting temple wreckage, and Draco's deadly balls of fire.

Amid the madness, armed with only your trusty spears, you will have to hunt down vultures, Medusa's ghost, and horse grains to replenish your energy and gain coins.

This is a fun, unique fast pace game that's perfect when you have a few minutes to kill at a bus station, at work, or in a waiting line.

- Beautiful custom graphics
- Easy natural control, simply tap to jump and swipe to shoot spears.
- Fast performance.
- Realistic physics and cool particle effects.
- Global scores with OpenFeint

redskygames's comments:
Hello,

I'm pleased to announce the release of our game "Twilight Hoplite". Yes, the title is kinda lame and we're working on it. This is a fun pickup and play game with very easy control and small file size. PM me if you'd like to review to receive a promo code. Thanks.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twilight-hoplite/id363950794?mt=8#

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2mZ1GY6FTY
03-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Cool, I just saw this in the upcoming section yesterday!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
P.M. sent
03-25-2010, 05:53 PM
pm sent
03-25-2010, 06:03 PM
PM sent.

How about something like "Perils of Perseus"?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-25-2010, 06:07 PM
PM sent.

Guess they didn't decide to rename it after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
The game looks pretty good, would like to review it. PM sent
03-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Alright so this is a pretty cool game. Its a fun pickup and play game once you get used to the controls and gameplay. The concept is easy but the gameplay can be somewhat unforgiving as far as the difficulty, which is not really a bad thing its just that the game can get challenging. Basically you ride a horse, the screen moves and the horse runs automatically. You tap to jump and repeatedly tap to keep jumping and hover while in midair. You swipe towards enemies to throw spears at them. You have unlimited spears to use. The main goals of the game are to make it as far as you can dodging and weaving around obstacles, killing as many enemies as you can and collecting coins for score, and keeping your health up by collecting grains along the way. Many of the obstacles you come across can kill you if made contact with just once. Some enemies will shoot at you so there is more to avoid then just the obstacles.

Its completely a casual game, but I find it addicting for what it is. Now, it could be better...I have a few suggestions that I think would make it better...

1. The game does not keep track of distance covered or give score for distance. This should be added into the gameplay/scoring considering one of the biggest challenges is to make it as far as you can.

2. Horse is a little draggy when jumping, it kind of floats or drifts a little too long sometimes causing you to slam into something without you being able to do anything about it. Minor adjustment will probably fix so the horse isn't suspended in air for so long. Not a big deal, and it could be a matter of getting used to how it is but some tweaking probably wouldn't hurt.

3. There is no background music, this game would be a much better experience with some cool background music added in. Even if the same music from the youtube video were added in that would be great.

Overall, I do recommend this game to pickup and play gamers. Its a worthwhile game with a cool theme and some addicting gameplay. Openfeint leaderboards keep track of your high score and enemy kills for a little competition. If the dev adds a few things (such as some of what I suggested) I would give it 5 stars. Right now I'll give it a 4/5.
03-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Alright so this is a pretty cool game. Its a fun pickup and play game once you get used to the controls and gameplay. The concept is easy but the gameplay can be somewhat unforgiving as far as the difficulty, which is not really a bad thing its just that the game can get challenging. Basically you ride a horse, the screen moves and the horse runs automatically. You tap to jump and repeatedly tap to keep jumping and hover while in midair. You swipe towards enemies to throw spears at them. You have unlimited spears to use. The main goals of the game are to make it as far as you can dodging and weaving around obstacles, killing as many enemies as you can and collecting coins for score, and keeping your health up by collecting grains along the way. Many of the obstacles you come across can kill you if made contact with just once. Some enemies will shoot at you so there is more to avoid then just the obstacles.

Its completely a casual game, but I find it addicting for what it is. Now, it could be better...I have a few suggestions that I think would make it better...

1. The game does not keep track of distance covered or give score for distance. This should be added into the gameplay/scoring considering one of the biggest challenges is to make it as far as you can.

2. Horse is a little draggy when jumping, it kind of floats or drifts a little too long sometimes causing you to slam into something without you being able to do anything about it. Minor adjustment will probably fix so the horse isn't suspended in air for so long. Not a big deal, and it could be a matter of getting used to how it is but some tweaking probably wouldn't hurt.

3. There is no background music, this game would be a much better experience with some cool background music added in. Even if the same music from the youtube video were added in that would be great.

Overall, I do recommend this game to pickup and play gamers. Its a worthwhile game with a cool theme and some addicting gameplay. Openfeint leaderboards keep track of your high score and enemy kills for a little competition. If the dev adds a few things (such as some of what I suggested) I would give it 5 stars. Right now I'll give it a 4/5.
Ditto what you said here, even down to the rating of 4/5! A cute pickup and play taking the classic Chopper concepts and adding some ability to fight back against at least some of the obstacles (throw all of the javelins you want, that floating island isn't going to fall apart for you). I like the need to balance your avoiding obstacles with the need to keep your horsey fueled with grain as it often will have you having to dive into some pretty tight spaces to get that desperately needed grain that, in other Chopper like games, you'd simply stay clear of.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Awesome feedback freedog! We'll implement some of the ideas you have in the next version for sure.