★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *COMPLETELY FREE
*For both iPhone and iPad
*Win real rewards by playing

--------------------------------------

Astral Puzzle Meltdown!
NOT just another casual block breaking game.

Welcome back to the good ole days of the arcade when earning points meant something.

The goal is simple: Break as many blocks as possible by connecting three or more of the same colored blocks. Breaking blocks earns you points, and also prevents the timer from running out.

HOWEVER, you can get items.

The only way to max your score and keep the timer from running out is to acquire and use items during the game. And therein lies the challenge.

--------------------------------------------------------

Items available:

Rotate: Perhaps the most unique feature of the game. Rotates the entire game board 45 degrees from Square to Rhombus mode and back again. In Square mode, the new blocks fall from the top of the game board. But in the Rhombus mode, new blocks come from the direction you moved to break blocks.

Bomb: Bombs get rid of any same colored blocks including Big Blocks. But it cant get rid of the Locked Blocks. Only available in Rhombus mode, Bombs gain a lot of time by combining it with Hourglass.

Move: Move Items enable you to move any blocks in any direction. You can select one block (including a locked block) and slide it around to a desired spot. Move Item is only available in Square mode.

Hourglass: Hourglass item stops time for a brief moment. All the blocks broken during the duration of the Hourglass item reverses the timer even more so than without.

Question: Lastly, the question item allows you to pick any one item from the list above. Comes in quite handy when you want access to a very specific item.

Lightning: Lightning items shuffle the entire game board! Very helpful if you are stuck with only a few blocks to break or have too many Locked blocks preventing you from breaking. It also generates more items.

------------------------------------------------------

Take the challenge. Youve been dared.

Future update will include new game modes, new block designs, online scoreboard, etc...

Squeaker's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-28-2010, 04:50 PM
From Tako Games (makers of this game)

Oh sweet~!

I didn't know a forum entry for the new game would come up automatically when the game comes out.

Hello everyone. I am the one who is responsible for making this game. It started out as a small side project and after much drama, APM (Astral Puzzle Meltdown) is finally out!

I look forward to feedback from everyone here at Touch Arcade.

We are currently fixing some bugs and will be working on our first update.

We will add more features to the game in the future. So please stay tuned!

Thank you for your support.

Last edited by Torokun; 03-28-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling error

03-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torokun View Post
Oh sweet~!

I didn't know a forum entry for the new game would come up automatically when the game comes out.

Hello evryone. I am the one who is responsible for making this game. It started out as a small side project and after much drama, APM (Astral Puzzle Meltdown) is finally out!

I look forward to feedbacks from everyone here at Touch Arcade.

Welcome to TA!
03-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torokun View Post
Oh sweet~!

Hello evryone. I am the one who is responsible for making this game. It started out as a small side project and after much drama, APM (Astral Puzzle Meltdown) is finally out!

I look forward to feedbacks from everyone here at Touch Arcade.

are you saying that Squeaker is a robot?
03-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I would love to see a video.
03-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
are you saying that Squeaker is a robot?
Aren't we all?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Another unique twist, not sure if I like it, is that you can only hold 3 types of power-ups at a time (save up as many uses of those three power-ups as you'd like) but the game has some 5-6 different power-ups. If all three slots are filled and you snag a fourth type of power-up, it's lost. You are free, however, to dump any of your currently stored power-ups (sure, you may have save 3 hour-glasses in one slot, but you'd really like a bomb power-up, so dump out the hour-glasses to free up a slot and that bomb you just scored will go up there). Kind of a cute twist but then again a little more micromanagement than I want in a game like this where you can often be really up against the clock needing to make as many moves as possible to keep the timer from timing out.

Oh, and Torokun, there was nothing automatic about it, Squeaker posted your game's info using the [appinfo=all] argument.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Another unique twist, not sure if I like it, is that you can only hold 3 types of power-ups at a time (save up as many uses of those three power-ups as you'd like) but the game has some 5-6 different power-ups. If all three slots are filled and you snag a fourth type of power-up, it's lost. You are free, however, to dump any of your currently stored power-ups (sure, you may have save 3 hour-glasses in one slot, but you'd really like a bomb power-up, so dump out the hour-glasses to free up a slot and that bomb you just scored will go up there).
You know... it always amazes me when people figure out the game mechanics!

LordGek, I did struggle through if we should have made the access to different items more readily available. But I decided to go for more limited approach as you see it now to make it more "arcadey". Which was the overall goal for the game.

To be honest, I even had some people approach me and suggested to make extra item slot as a downloadable option (with additional fee). I... don't think that's a good idea either.

This probably doesn't make it as "relaxing" of a puzzle game... So totally hear you.
03-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Squeaker is the TA robot that posts threads of potentially interesting games.

This message is auto generated, please do not reply.

Beep beep beep beep.
03-29-2010, 12:15 AM
No, seriously, thanks LordGek for your impressions. I've been wondering about this game.