★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Runloop Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Head Spin is an original puzzle game where players spin jumbled heads until all heads are facing the player.

Sounds easy, right? Wrong.

Head Spin is deceptively difficult with many players not even being able to manage 3 or 4 moves.

See if you have what it takes to take on Head Spin.

WARNING: Despite being listed as free you only get a mere 244 levels for free. The other 1200 must be purchased in app. However, you do get an option to purchase all future levels forever and it's still less than a cup of coffee.

Runloop's comments:
Hi all,

Our latest version of Head Spin is on the App Store. There are almost 250 free levels for you to try out. Though Head Spin is so difficult we doubt many of you will even be able to finish the 4 move level pack.

As it is so difficult, we are confidently offering the first person to provide proof that they completed a 10 move level pack (that's 50 levels) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. For this challenge we have unlocked the most difficult levels for your to try for FREE.

So you've got nothing to lose and possibly $100 to gain so why not go try Head Spin now.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/head-spin-easter-bunny-doodle/id361698904?mt=8

Gameplay video http://www.vimeo.com/10303193

Youtube link | Pop Up

Challenge video http://www.vimeo.com/10303193

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-26-2010, 05:12 AM
Maybe the 10 level pack is too hard to kick this off. I'll personally offer someone $30 if they can provide the solutions to level pack 04. This pack only has 20 levels and only 4 moves in each. Easy huh? Well let's see how long it takes.

Reply to this thread with the solutions to win. Either a video or write it all out somehow. And you must accept paypal as I have no other way to send the cash.

GO GO GO!

03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Is my money not good enough for you?
03-26-2010, 11:04 AM
From iTunes.

Quote:
A good, if pushy puzzler - 2 stars
by Paisleyfrog on Mar 26, 2010 v1.0

It's a nice looking take on a Rubik's Cube type of puzzle, but it's pretty annoying when a "free" app asks you to confirm a $3 in-app purchase, before you've even gotten to the gameplay.
Yes, unfortunately you only get 244 levels for free. You can then optionally buy sets of 200 for $0.99 or buy the other 1200 and all future level pack updates for $3.
03-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Solutions for pack 4 (highlight to read):

Pack 4
left down
left down
right down
bottom left
bottom left
right down
left down
left down
right down
right down
top right
bottom right
left down
left down
top left
left down
right up
left down
left down
bottom right
bottom right
left down
right down
right down
left down
right down
bottom left
top left
right up
right up
top left
right up
left up
right up
top left
bottom right
left up
left up
right up
right up
top left
right up
left down
top right
bottom right
right down
bottom right
right down
bottom right
left down
top right
bottom left
top left
left up
right down
right down
top left
left up
right up
top left
top right
left up
bottom left
left up
left up
right up
bottom left
bottom left
top left
bottom left
left down
left down
top left
left down
left down
bottom right
top left
right down
bottom left
left down

I had most of them last night, but it took me way longer to recall the solution to puzzle 4 than to solve it the first time, go figure.
03-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Congratulations!! We have a winner!

Your check is in the mail (or we've just paypaled you, one or the other).

Now, who's going to rise to the $100 dollar challenge or are we going to have to up the ante?
03-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runloop View Post
Congratulations!! We have a winner!

Your check is in the mail (or we've just paypaled you, one or the other).

Now, who's going to rise to the $100 dollar challenge or are we going to have to up the ante?
I think you're gonna have to raise the prize to get more momentum for me....only finished 1lvl....when does the contest end?
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorF35 View Post
I think you're gonna have to raise the prize to get more momentum for me....only finished 1lvl....when does the contest end?
Once someone wins. I can't imagine it'll be soon. Might raise the prize at some point. Let's see what happens first.
03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorF35 View Post
Oh, do you mean 1 of the 10 move levels? I thought you meant just one level. They are very hard yes. If it goes on too long, we might add some more money to the prize pool.

Just so you are aware, there are 1,073,741,824 possible combinations for one of the 10 movers ;-)
03-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runloop View Post
Just so you are aware, there are 1,073,741,824 possible combinations for one of the 10 movers ;-)

And why the hell did I not see that $30 contest earlier. I might have got it if I saw it in time -_-

Btw, the game is quite hard even for the 4 level packs and takes quite a few retries before you pass a level. I'm too scared to even try the 10 move levels