★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Twistrix has a huge potential for challenge, hidden behind the deceptively simple appearance, which was borrowed from mechanical puzzler. Connect keen mind with fingers! Game offers numerous combinations of rings, colors and empty spaces.

In the center of attention we have a 3D cylinder, which is built of several rings, twisting around the central axis. Cylinder consists of movable multicolored balls and empty spaces. Actually, there isn't much to write about gameplay. At the beginning of the level the balls are mixed up and you are challenged to match-up them.

To complete the level, use simple gestures: push the cylinder bottom to rotate it, twist rings and slide balls! Change the location of empty cells tactically and use them to arrange balls. Every column must contain balls of just one color. Number of balls in every column must be equal.

AA_Stacy's comments:
PUSH! TWIST! SLIDE!

Twistrix has a huge potential for challenge, hidden behind the deceptively simple appearance, which was borrowed from mechanical puzzler. Connect keen mind with fingers! Game offers numerous combinations of rings, colors and empty spaces.

Click image for larger version

Name:	twistrix_2.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	16132

In the center of attention we have a 3D cylinder, which is built of several rings, twisting around the central axis. Cylinder consists of movable multicolored balls and empty spaces. Actually, there isn't much to write about gameplay. At the beginning of the level the balls are mixed up and you are challenged to match-up them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	twistrix.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	16130 Click image for larger version

Name:	twistrix_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	16131

To complete the level, use simple gestures: push the cylinder bottom to rotate it, twist rings and slide balls! Change the location of empty cells tactically and use them to arrange balls. Every column must contain balls of just one color. Number of balls in every column must be equal.

HOW TO PLAY:

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twistrix/id362774888?mt=8

And... Something special is starting soon... Don't miss!
03-26-2010, 04:35 AM
I watched that video and I have no idea what happened. What is the objective of the game?

03-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runloop View Post
I watched that video and I have no idea what happened. What is the objective of the game?
The goal is to arrange all the balls in the cylinder so that every column contains balls of one color (red, green, blue...) and the number of the balls in every column is equal.
03-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runloop View Post
It's pretty simple:
Every column must contain balls of just one color.
Number of balls in every column must be equal.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 03-26-2010 at 05:07 AM.
03-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
It look great. Can we listen to our music while playing this game?

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
03-26-2010, 06:31 AM
I'll probably buy it. Love teasers
03-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederick osmond View Post
I'll probably buy it. Love teasers
Hope, you will post your game impressions
04-02-2010, 06:56 PM
It's FREE now.
04-20-2010, 07:15 AM
04-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
It's FREE now.
It's back to 99 cents so I am glad I got it free! I had a similar puzzle when I was younger and I really liked it then so it was a no brainer to try this. The concept is simple but the execution (like most puzzle games are) is very tricky! You need to plan and strategize each move. I was worried about the 3D sphere on a 2D screen but the movement is very fluid and clean so my worries were unfounded.

If you like sliding puzzles, or games like cogs, you will enjoy this. Despite the sale being over, it would be a dollar well spent.