★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Monopoly, NFS, Sim City

10-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Monopoly, NFS, Sim City

I guess I'll make a topic since there's none for it already

In case you didn't see it:
http://toucharcade.com/2008/10/09/sc...y-and-monoply/
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/mor...-mobile-titles

I gotta say, I was REALLY looking forward to Monopoly. But I personally think it looks bad. IS it necessary for it to be in 3D like that? I have a fantastic computer version of Monopoly (CLICK) and i think this version would have been amazing for the iPhone. I'm not sure if I'll buy it

Now NFS looks pretty sweet. I think I'll definitely buy that one

Sim City also looks impressive and I'll be looking to buy that one as well

Wish these games were out now lol
10-09-2008, 02:30 AM
I was looking forward to Sims and NFS... but December?!

They look great so I guess it makes up for the waiting.

10-09-2008, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post
I gotta say, I was REALLY looking forward to Monopoly. But I personally think it looks bad. IS it necessary for it to be in 3D like that?
I am not a fan of Monopoly and won't buy the game, but I do agree with your comments regarding the 3D view. It's not the view itself that's the problem, rather the low resolution textures used for the board, cards etc. They are all so blurry! If the textures were of a more higher resolution I don't think the 3D view would be much of a problem. As it is it just looks cheap and crap.
NFS looks amazing, but I wonder if the finished game will end up looking as good as the promo demo shown at the keynote and these screenshots. If that's the case, there's no denying it will certainly be the best looking racer yet in the app store.
10-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
I am not a fan of Monopoly and won't buy the game, but I do agree with your comments regarding the 3D view. It's not the view itself that's the problem, rather the low resolution textures used for the board, cards etc. They are all so blurry! If the textures were of a more higher resolution I don't think the 3D view would be much of a problem. As it is it just looks cheap and crap.
NFS looks amazing, but I wonder if the finished game will end up looking as good as the promo demo shown at the keynote and these screenshots. If that's the case, there's no denying it will certainly be the best looking racer yet in the app store.
Exactly my point... The 3D rendering is crap. Not only that, but it's 100% unnecessary.

I realize EA was trying to go for a "real life" feel, what with the ability to move your cards around----Also completely unnecessary

By the looks of it, EA got 2 out of 3 right
10-09-2008, 03:14 AM
Yes it's quite ironic that a game with cars racing around a track being chased by cops, with lots of scenery wizzing past can look so sharp and detailed. And yet we have a board game app that looks like it was programmed 10 years ago.
10-09-2008, 10:59 AM
simcity better not be $10

YOU HEAR ME EA? NO ONES GONNA PAY $10! WELL SOME WILL BUT NOT ME!

the simcity box thing which has almost all the simcitys for pc is like $20

although i do expect it for $10, i can still hope that its not.
10-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belal.rawi View Post
simcity better not be $10

YOU HEAR ME EA? NO ONES GONNA PAY $10! WELL SOME WILL BUT NOT ME!

the simcity box thing which has almost all the simcitys for pc is like $20

although i do expect it for $10, i can still hope that its not.
Sim City actually looks likes it's worth $10... Certainly moreso than a bunch of $10 games.
10-09-2008, 11:58 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if EA didn't try to sell NFS for 20 bucks, and try to change the pricing structure for future releases...
how well that will be recieved, who knows
but it looks like it is a polished game, and may be worth it
10-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post
Sim City actually looks likes it's worth $10... Certainly moreso than a bunch of $10 games.
I agree. Not my kind of game, but I should imagine you'd get hundreds of hours worth of play out of it, and it looks quite polished. 6 (the UK equivalent to the $10 price) wouldn't be too much to ask I should imagine.
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
i wouldn't be surprised if EA didn't try to sell NFS for 20 bucks, and try to change the pricing structure for future releases...
how well that will be recieved, who knows
but it looks like it is a polished game, and may be worth it
Ha you know it'll happen eventually... Hope it never does though