★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dweebs - The New Breed (Parts 1 & 2) latest version(s) and video footage...

03-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Dweebs - The New Breed (Parts 1 & 2) latest version(s) and video footage...

Video footage of the latest '2 Part' version of Dweebs for iPhone.

www.dweebs.info
03-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Dweebs facebook fanclub with pictures and everything to do with Dweebs here...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109459520802

03-26-2010, 05:07 PM
whats the difference between 1 and 2?

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
03-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
whats the difference between 1 and 2?
Part 1 is the first 4 worlds (12 different levels)...

Part 2 is the last 4 worlds. (12 more different levels)..

We had to do this because the app data was too large and required too many system resources to have as one entire runtime app on older devices.

This is also why it was free for some weeks while we worked out what to do and get some extra consumer feedback.

At least now it should look and play really nice on more devices, but is best suited to iPhone 3GS and of course iPad It's not so keen on jailbroken devices that eat extra system ram used for graphics cache but there is nothing much we can do about that really.

Even more odd is it was originally developed on a 1st gen iTouch and ran without problem, but we assume (maybe wrongly) that 2G and 3G iPhone uses some of it's system ram for the phones radio stack which the iTouch does not have of course.

I recommend to anybody if you have a 3GS or iPad soon buy it as it runs great - and you will love Dweebs - hopefully

Hope that helps everyone ok.

Adrian Cummings
www.mobileamusements.com

Last edited by Mobile Amusements; 03-27-2010 at 03:03 AM.
10-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I just bought both parts tonight, and both apps crash... I can't play... I've got crash reports if you devs are willing to take a look at it...

if not, waste of $2 I didn't really have to begin with...
10-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Hi there, sorry you are having problems but have you tried powering your device totally off and then on again? Both these apps still run on a 1st iPod touch here, so unless your 3rd gen device is 'possibly' jailbroken? then not sure why they wouldn't work on your device now?

If not, then we can only suggest a refund via Apple perhaps.

BTW: Not sure if it was your similar review left on the US appstore recently, but please be aware that we do offer support but cannot feedback via the appstore directly itself which is impossible of course.

Email enquiries/support can always be reached via our website near the top of the page (also from the support link from the appstore itself) and some active forums like this one of course. This app also has a dedicated Facebook fan page here... Dweebs Facebook Fan Page

Best regards,

www.mobileamusements.com

Last edited by Mobile Amusements; 10-11-2010 at 01:57 AM.
10-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Yes, I always hard re-set my device before I complain about a crashing game...

I did only have about 500 MB of free space on my device... so I'm going to try and clear up some space and see if that helps (helped with Madden 11... and a couple of other games... for some reason once i get under about 1-2 gigs of free space, games that usually run fine, just start crashing...)

I will fix my review... sorry about that... I was just upset, I had been waiting to get a couple extra bucks to get these two games for about a month now... then life... frustrations... it was uncalled for taking it out on you in a review...

if it still doesn't work after that... I'll go through all of the forums and stuff, and from now on contact you on your site (thank you for that too... I couldn't find the support link when I was on your page last night...

Thank you for responding. I'll keep you updated as to wether or not the problem is fixed...
10-11-2010, 07:20 AM
That's ok we just hope you can get it working as Dweebs is actually a great game in truth.

Let us know how you get on in due course.

It is a memory hungry game this one so your idea may help of course.

Best regards,

www.mobileamusements.com
10-11-2010, 07:57 AM
YES, yes it fixed it...

thank you, and I'm sorry for not checking that out first... it had been a VERY long day... =o/

Can't wait to really get into both of these!!!! =oD
10-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Great and no problem - enjoy!

Thanks for letting us know.

Best regards,

www.mobileamusements.com