★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Game Life
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: **** EXCLUSIVE OFFER: PRICE CUT TO 1,99$!****
La Linea is the videogame adaptation of the internationally famous TV series featuring Mr Linea and his friend the Drawer.

This time, Mr Linea tries to conquer the heart of a beautiful female Line, helped in his quest by the Drawer.

Main Features:
A real touch gameplay: Draw the level design to help Mr. Linea, sting him to make him jump, draw bridges to overcome obstacles etc
Mr Linea, a real human being: Mr Linea is not controlled by the player (player = drawer). Pay attention on not making him too much angry or he will shout at you and leave the screen!
A humoristic game for kids and adults: May you win or lose, La Linea will always do funny animations and shout thanks to a high quality dubbing 100% true to the original cartoon
Revisited GFX of a cult animated cartoon for a shiny and appealing result
An infinite lifespan with 4 environments to visit and lots of achievements to unlock
Side minigames for more fun: drive a plane, surf on a wave, ride a cart etc
Facebook Connect feature: send your score online and compare it to the one of your friends or to people in the world
03-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Wow, looks very tempting...

Couldn't find any gameplay, not even on the developer's website, however here's a sample of the TV series to give a general impression...

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-26-2010, 11:58 AM
I loved that series back in the day. This annoying little fella...
And of course, the idevices would be THE perfect platform for a game.
But I really wanna know more about the gameplay before tuning in.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
03-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
I loved that series back in the day. This annoying little fella...
And of course, the idevices would be THE perfect platform for a game.
But I really wanna know more about the gameplay before tuning in.
Yup - this is one where this could be an amazing game, or really straightforward and boring if it's too simple.

Of course with randomization and mini games, this has severe Pocket God-mode potential...

If EA ever gets around to sending me the gift cert they said I won, I'll pick this up! ("Gift card will be DMed to you within 1-2 weeks" )

EDIT: Sad truth - psychology note: if this was $0.99 I'd have impulse-bought it. Why that $2 makes such a difference is beyond me. We truly are spoiled on this platform...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 03-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.
03-26-2010, 12:32 PM
It looks like it could be cool, however I wonder how much gameplay there is. A gameplay video could probably sell me on this.
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
i like to see a game play video too
03-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah me included. Would very much like to know about gameplay.
03-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Ah screw it! I'm going to TOFTT!

Impressions later today!
03-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrel View Post
Ah screw it! I'm going to TOFTT!

Impressions later today!
Thanks!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
03-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Very Quick Impressions

Ok, so far, in the brief 5-10 minutes that I've played, this game seems to share a lot in common with the !Run!/Cannabalt-style games. You don't control the walking of the main character as he continually moves forward. You are able to make him jump over objects by tapping on him, you can also make him slow his pace down a little by tilting you idevice backward slightly.

You can tap on objects to knock them over so that the character does not collide with them. You will encounter certain areas(gaps) that you will need 'draw' a bridge over or a platform to jump across(which doubles as a trampoline). These aspects of the game really remind me of certain gameplay elements from Tomena Sanner.

All in all I'd have to highly(so far) recommend this game to anyone who really likes the !Run!/Cannabalt/Tomena Sanner genre of simple pick up and play running games.

EDIT: Please read my comment on the next page before purchasing...

Last edited by danrel; 03-27-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: change of heart...