★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Jeremy Clewell
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 29.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Coopers Hill is an iPhone game paying homage to the spectacular Gloucestershire "Cheese Rolling and Wake" that takes place on Bank Holiday in Gloucestershire, England every year. Now YOU are the cheese and must make your way to the bottom of the hill using only your wits and cheesy dexterity! Youll test your skill on mountains and molehills all across the European countryside to prove your worth and earn the title of Official Double Gloucestershire !

Race down four separate hills modeled after real world locations using one of four unique cheese wheels each with their own attributes. Pick up coins and hourglasses along the way to earn points and increase your time as you make your way to the bottom of the hill and into the High Scores!

Features:

stunning 3D graphics

realistic physics simulation

original soundtrack

OpenFeint integration

20 unlockable achievements

global leaderboards for each level

and a whole bunch more cheesy goodness...

For more screen shots and videos check out the website!

goiMot's comments:

video:
http://vimeo.com/9770446
03-26-2010, 04:37 PM
I'll probably try this one out later, looks fun.

03-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I'll probably try this one out later, looks fun.
Yes it does. I think the event got cancelled this year due to the crowds being too big.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 03-26-2010 at 04:58 PM.
03-26-2010, 05:08 PM
This is the first time my brain has ever formed the sentence, "I could roll a wheel of cheese down a mountain."

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Picked this up and I am very impressed. The 3D environments are excellent as is the sense of speed. I did encounter a little break up in the graphics but that was due to my cheese flying off the course.

The gameplay couldn't be more simple, as you tilt your device to drive the cheese down the hill. There are coins and hour glasses to pick up which effect your overall score. This game uses openfeint for high scores and has achievements.

If you like ball rolling games, check this out. Sounds like one guy made this game, very impressive. Oh...I like the music as well.
03-27-2010, 01:23 PM
I absolutely LOVE this game!

If you are a fan of downhill bowling, BUY IT!

The downhill design in this game is much more fun, it has better variety than Downhill Bowling (DB will still stay on my iPhone don't worry, it's still great).

If you tilt the cheese to much, the center spin will keep it on route, so in the maximum extrem you could turn 90 degrees to the main momentum and it will of course slow down then. So keep turn under 90 degrees will have slowing effects too, this gives the game a very nice physics feeling, love it!

The only complaint I have that there are only 4 downhills, Downhill Bowling has 12 or so?

Developer please add more Downhills

Last edited by HairyPotter; 03-27-2010 at 01:29 PM.
03-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyPotter View Post
I absolutely LOVE this game!

If you are a fan of downhill bowling, BUY IT!

The downhill design in this game is much more fun, it has better variety than Downhill Bowling (DB will still stay on my iPhone don't worry, it's still great).

If you tilt the cheese to much, the center spin will keep it on route, so in the maximum extrem you could turn 90 degrees to the main momentum and it will of course slow down then. So keep turn under 90 degrees will have slowing effects too, this gives the game a very nice physics feeling, love it!

The only complaint I have that there are only 4 downhills, Downhill Bowling has 12 or so?

Developer please add more Downhills

Glad to see someone else is playing and enjoying this great game. I hope the theme of the game doesn't turn people away because this is a great game.