★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Planet 51 Racer - on sale

03-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Planet 51 Racer - on sale

I though there was a thread but it didn't come up in the search. Anyway, on sale at 99c along with Pang Mobile.

03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Whoa......I like this. Getting late. Will p/u tomorrow for sure.

Edit: A lot of new updates. Was a $5 game originally but don't think it looks to be worth that price to begin with.

Last edited by Coldar; 03-26-2010 at 11:53 PM.

03-26-2010, 11:58 PM
I just got Pirate Wings, so unless someone tells me this is pretty good, I'm probably not going to get it. Oh will wait for your impressions Coldar if you decide to get it.
03-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laladanger View Post
I just got Pirate Wings, so unless someone tells me this is pretty good, I'm probably not going to get it. Oh will wait for your impressions Coldar if you decide to get it.
I'd d/l it tonight but getting late and know if I did I'd be up playing till mid-morning hrs. Will see tomorrow.
03-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
I'd d/l it tonight but getting late and know if I did I'd be up playing till mid-morning hrs. Will see tomorrow.
Yeah no hurry.
03-27-2010, 01:17 AM
Two reviewers are saying about sound and lockup issues ...

""" Not worth it!

by Revbeej

This game is not worth 5 bucks. If anything it should be .99, or free. It is very buggy. There are definitely sound issues as well as other problems such as locking up. It is very short and has little replay value. It's very easy to beat. The graphics are very good in some areas and not so good in others. Save your money. If you want a good racing game, you might want to look somewhere else. This game feels like it's still in beta.

When you play it you don't have to worry about passing your opponents, just drive right through them.

No Sound

by D. Bergey

Game play is good , but there is no sound. Fix the sound and it would get more stars. """
03-27-2010, 05:27 AM
There is sound but fore some weird reason you have to turn it on manually..
03-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasio_john View Post
Two reviewers are saying about sound and lockup issues ...

""" Not worth it!

by Revbeej

This game is not worth 5 bucks. If anything it should be .99, or free. It is very buggy. There are definitely sound issues as well as other problems such as locking up. It is very short and has little replay value. It's very easy to beat. The graphics are very good in some areas and not so good in others. Save your money. If you want a good racing game, you might want to look somewhere else. This game feels like it's still in beta.

When you play it you don't have to worry about passing your opponents, just drive right through them.

No Sound

by D. Bergey

Game play is good , but there is no sound. Fix the sound and it would get more stars. """
------------------------------------
Yea, I'd see these post too but they were using to the old version. But now I see the actual updates don't address any of these issues (if legit).
But do appreciate posting this hasio_john to realize this. So I guess will be passing on this one.
Glad I waited till this morning to rethink it over with a fresher mind.