★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Good Games

02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
The Good Games

For me, I've recently come to realize that I personally enjoy the games which the devs really talk with the users. Or even the users talk with one another.

For instance,
-Pocket God is doing a great job in this forum, and that's a main reason why i love their app.
-Galcon has their own website and forum (and recently twitter) for updates, complaints, strategies, etc.
-Fieldrunners also has their own forum and twitter
-Aurora Feint II: The Arena (or any for that matter), the devs for this app have a forum with users telling each other strategies to gain the most points possible.

I don't know why, but these kind of games/apps are the ones i really like. Do you have any apps which are like these that you know about?
02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Why don't you just call this thread the "Good Developers"

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread

02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Why don't you just call this thread the "Good Developers"
Cause i'm dumb. But your right, I was just so focused on my main message.
02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm kinda confused on the topic, but on a slightly related note, Dio, as in "Rainbow in the Dark" Dio?

Last edited by Kamazar; 02-09-2009 at 10:22 PM.
02-09-2009, 10:20 PM
totally agree with you on pocket god...its just as fun imagining all the upcoming features as playing the game itself...
also Bobble Surfer is making its way into this section for me...its an addicting little game, and the devs are very responsive and dedicated...
oh, almost forgot about slotz racer, the dev is also active in the forum and is receptive to suggestions and such...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
02-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Nah, but that is a good song
02-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
totally agree with you on pocket god...its just as fun imagining all the upcoming features as playing the game itself...
also Bobble Surfer is making its way into this section for me...its an addicting little game, and the devs are very responsive and dedicated...
oh, almost forgot about slotz racer, the dev is also active in the forum and is receptive to suggestions and such...
Thank you for understanding what i was aiming for, lol.
I just like interacting with the devs.
Bobble Surfer? I'll check it out.
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
Thank you for understanding what i was aiming for, lol.
I just like interacting with the devs.
Bobble Surfer? I'll check it out.
ya, i'd read the thread about it, so you can see what's ahead for it and what the devs are like, and if you try the lite version, don't be discourage by the controls, they take time to get used to, but once you get 'em they feel real nice and fluid

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Usually the exchange is mutually beneficial. Of course, I've been busy this month and not doing a lot interacting...

Developer of Petri. Available now on the iTunes Store.

These days I work with Tonchidot on Sekai Camera.
02-09-2009, 11:40 PM
I think that being able to talk with the developer really just gets me excited and encuraged to play the game and talk about more cool stuff about it