★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MLB.com
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 76.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** Just in time for the 2010 World Series - Now on sales for $1.99 *** sales expires 11:59 pm ET on 11/4/10. MLB World Series 2010 brings MLB action back to the iPhone and iPod Touch. MLB World Series 2010 is the only game featuring all 30 Major League Clubs, official rosters, and Major League ballparks.

Key Features Include:

- Updated MLB rosters with player names, statistics, skill ratings, and hit zones.
- All 30 MLB stadiums, including the new Target Field in Minnesota.
- Multi-touch Pitching Mechanics: Choose among fastball, curve, changeup, slider, or a specialty pitch to execute the perfect pitch.
- Accelerometer Targeting: Tilt the device to aim your pitch and line up your swing.
- World Series mode: Set your postseason bracket and battle through the Division Series, League Championship Series, and World Series to become world champions.
- Season mode: Play a 16-, 29-, 82-, or 162-game season and win the All-Star Game to secure home-field advantage for the World Series.
- Fielding modes: Let the computer play defense, or switch to manual for an added challenge.
- 3-D animations: Step into the batters box, make the play at the plate and turn the double play with animations that bring the game to life.

2010 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved. Published by MLB.com Mobile. MLBPA.
03-27-2010, 01:49 AM
jeez this does not look good

03-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Why must the graphics suck yet again!!!

"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
03-27-2010, 01:59 AM
No it don't, in fact this looks like the same game that was released last year.

MLB World Series 2009

MLB World Series 2010

No improvement over the shitty graphics, or the anorexic ball players and no homerun derby still???

This game shouldn't be $7. I'd be shocked if the gameplay was any good or different than last year's MLB release.
03-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Like everyone has already said, this does look like the same exact game as last year with no improvement on graphics. The only thing that may be different are the rosters. The company must be banking on new iPhone users because I think that the crowd in here knows better.
03-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I bought this even though like the 2009 version it is overpriced and not graphically too impressive. I'm just a sucker for real teams, players, etc. They have made some improvements: all stadiums instead of just 8 in the last version. The graphics, while not stellar, have been tweaked especially in the animations. They seem a bit more fluid. The thing I was hoping for the most however, didn't happen. They didn't add steals or bunts. I'm sure I'll enjoy playing this, because the pitching and hitting are done well, but I just don't see how you can be an official MLB game and not have bunts or steals. If they added these, it would be the best baseball game in the app store, IMO. It may still be, but I really miss those features.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-27-2010, 11:29 AM
After playing a couple of games, I feel the need to amend what I said a little. The screenshots don't show it at all, but the game actually looks and plays a lot better in motion than last year's version. This is easily the best bb game out there, but please, please, PLEASE Polarbit, add steals and bunts!

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
This game actually looks good but I think I will stick with Baseball Superstars and 9 Innings. I don't even play sports games too much because they're probably more time consuming, on a iPod.

Lol. Yankees have 6 guys with 20+ homeruns, excluding Jeter's 18 homeruns. I hope the Angels have that many homeruns rather than relying on their pitching all the time.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
04-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Just picked this up and I have the 2009 version as well. Forgot how basically fun this game is - very good pitching and batting mechanics, real stadiums, now with player names, playoff mode, speedy play, skip 1/2 inning if you only want to pitch or bat or finish the game quickly, and separate saves for the different game modes make this a basic but complete package. Noting like watching Yankees/Red Sox on the tele and playing the same game at the same time. I enjoy other bball games but this offers a good MLB experience and is the only game to do so. Not perfect, but I played the 09 version a lot last year and suspect I will cue up the 10 version during many games I watch this season. The difficulty is also spot on for me with realistic scores and a challenge. Don't forget to check your pitcher's fatigue and sub for him when needed.
04-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I agree that this is the best baseball game on the platform. Still a bit too easy to get hits, but that doesn't always translate to runs. The scores are consistantly pretty realistic. I'm 9-2 so that's pretty good. The graphics are quite a bit better than last year's...you can't really get that from the screenshots. Again, I say that to make this really, REALLY good, you need to add steals and bunts.