★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Setting Up Cocos2d

03-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Setting Up Cocos2d

I need a little help with setting up Cocos2d. I'm trying to get started, but everything I find on the internet leaves me with thousands of errors from Xcode when I try to run it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone know of some beginner mistakes I may be making or know of a good tutorial on how to start? On a side note, I'm also trying to set up the Cocos2d templates. I used the console and installed the install_template.sh successfully, but even when I open Xcode and start a new project the templates don't show up.

Thanks in advance!
03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewse View Post
I need a little help with setting up Cocos2d. I'm trying to get started, but everything I find on the internet leaves me with thousands of errors from Xcode when I try to run it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone know of some beginner mistakes I may be making or know of a good tutorial on how to start? On a side note, I'm also trying to set up the Cocos2d templates. I used the console and installed the install_template.sh successfully, but even when I open Xcode and start a new project the templates don't show up.

Thanks in advance!
I was wondering the same thing. I can never get it to install! All that studying and $99 for nothing!
03-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi, I highly recommend you guys post on the Cocos2D forums. Lots of helpful folks over there:

http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/

And don't forget to check the wiki:
http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/documentation

--yarri

Coming Soon: Pictahunt! (Turn-based Social Word Game)
03-27-2010, 07:14 PM
cocos2D comes with templates for xcode, I highly recommend installing those.
03-27-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't remember 'installing' Cocos2d. I know there is a certain procedure for the Python stuff (which is complete crap IMHO).

I dropped the Cocos2d folder directly into Developers/Library/ and immediately compiled a few things. It seems to have worked. I think Library is an inappropriate location, but I haven't mucked around with it enough to make changes.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
03-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Run terminal.

cd to your Xcode project template locations.

Run install_template.sh from the cocos2d folder.

@KGameLover1 If you still need help...You got my Gmail.