★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Heavy Mach side-scrolling tank game.

02-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Heavy Mach side-scrolling tank game.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304416840&mt=8

Looks like a great little side-scrolling tank game. Reminds me a little bit of metal slug.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
02-10-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
"Tank action game with full of reality, HEAVY MACH.!"
Let's enjoy a realistic tank shooting game with its easy control specialized to the iPhone device.

How to Control:
- MACH Move : Tilt the iPhone left or right. MACH speed increases proportion to degree of tilt.
- Booster: MACH jumps using booster when you tap the lever located on bottom left of the screen. (Double jump is available through parts upgrade).
- Shooting: Selected weapon is fired in the direction of tap when you tap the screen.
- Dash Activation: Dash is activated when you tap MACH's left or right side. (Body parts should be upgraded at least 3 phases in order to activate Dash.)

Special Features:
- 21 phases of part upgrade are available for Player MACH.
- 6 missions and 30 stages are ready to be played. (Addition of more missions is planned through free upgrade in the future.)
- Various weapons including machine gun, shotgun, howitzer (high-angle gun), missile, laser, nuclear bomb and etc.
- About 800 types of enemy MACH including tank, armored car, missile truck, helicopter, supersize boss, howitzer (high-angle gun), and etc.
- Various original illustrations created by illustrator in the highest level.

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

02-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Just grabbed it... Impressions soon.
02-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Just grabbed it... Impressions soon.
how soon?

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
02-10-2009, 12:35 AM
This game shows some promise, can't wait to read your impressions.
02-10-2009, 12:42 AM
My bad, had some syncing issues and I had to reboot so I wouldn't get any crashes.

All right, I played through the first mission which has 4 stages. Pretty easy for the most part. Then again it was the first mission. The controls work well. Tap just about anywhere on the screen except behind the tank to fire your airstrikes bombs etc. There was no music so it was a somewhat dull experience (sound effects are good). But I have to say, I had some fun anyway. It still crashed as soon as I was done with the first mission trying to select the next mission otherwise, I would've kept going... I see theirs no collision effect if you don't destroy the tanks the first go round. If you want to go back and get another shot at it, tilt the device to the left to get another chance. As you destroy tanks helicopters etc, you gain experience. When full, you can either upgrade your movement of your tank, your defenses or your offense.

Last edited by darkhorse; 02-10-2009 at 02:02 AM.
02-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Best game description EVER!

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
02-10-2009, 12:51 AM
it's pretty good.

well done. the game mechanic is kinda simple. but good. still playing.

arn
02-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Nice graphics, so so game play

There is a lack of good 2D side scrollers like Metal Slug for iPhone. So I hoped that Heavy Mach would sate some of the want.

I didn't experience any crashes or rebooting needs on the iPhone 3G. Started up and played no problem.

Fantastic graphics. Definitely some of the best polished interfaces and graphic imagery and design for the iPhone. Alas the game play is very basic. For each mission there are several 'levels'. Unfortunately there are no bosses until I think the 3rd or 4th level of Mission 1. Game play is much too easy and basically just involves going along, occasionally hopping to a platform or a small gap. Since there is no collision between other enemies there is no urgency to destroy everything. Helicopters move extremely static. Physics is so so with no secondary animation (like bouncing or squashing.)

The actual animation of the enemies and the tank is very limited (if any at all.) As far as I could see destroyed enemies provide no visual candy apart from the explosions.

Once you get past the visuals you realize this is a basic basic scroller.

I play without sound for various reasons, so no comment there.

It seems to lack 'fun'. I think its a worthwhile game to follow in future versions, but it really should be at the 99c price point due to its unpolished nature, if only to pay the fantastic artists.
02-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
/..

welcome to the site and thanks for the review!!

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **