★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Enjoy Luna Story For only $.99

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Luna Story

Bohemians developed a magnificent civilization in the past, known as Shangri-La...
However, their science and technology deteriorated due to their egotism which led to destruction and collapse of their civilization...
Bohemians, who lost the war, were living their lives wandering around without a purpose...
However, a New Legend of Shangri-La is about to start.
Time travel, of a boy named Ray, for Elixir begins.
Magnificent Action! Various Life Skills!
Enjoy the new type of Action RPG!
Various combat systems and pet systems
Delineate Graphic
Life skills that are hidden in 'wind blow', in various regions, can be learned.
Depending on the choice of the life skills, examine 3 different endings.
It reveals hidden stories of various characters whom user met
and regions where user has been through.
With this method, it inducts an opportunity for users
to play the game again through other users.
Wind, Fire, Water, Earth, Lightning
Time travel to find the 5 Elixirs!
Luna Story
Characters: Pesca / Ray / Baron / Unicorn / Luna

freedog's comments:


Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/luna-story-lite/id366400810?mt=8


Youtube link | Pop Up



Youtube link | Pop Up
03-27-2010, 10:32 PM
#2
Is there, will there be, a lite to try? Normally I would not hesitate but would like to try the controls and translations first. Want to be sure this would be the best experience that it could be!

03-27-2010, 10:33 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
Posts: 944
03-27-2010, 10:42 PM
#4
Just bought, impressions within 30 min.
03-27-2010, 10:44 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 960
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Is there, will there be, a lite to try? Normally I would not hesitate but would like to try the controls and translations first. Want to be sure this would be the best experience that it could be!
Yeah.. When I saw this "FINGER" is not working well.

I will buy it and try. Return in 1 hour later.

=== After testing ===

1. Control: If you are playing this by one hand, it works. If you want to play it with both hand, it is not suitable for big finger.
2. Graphics: It is (I think) ported from a mobile version. The graphics will be a little bit blur (within the character menu).
3. Pet system: Just got a pet, you can level up it. But not testing yet.
4. Auto-Save: You can manual save the progress. If a phone call, it will auto-save. Just click on continue and then the lowest button to continue the auto-save.
5. Quest: Many quests (at least at the very beginning) to do. But it is not very clear. The description is very simple for the quest. If you forgot the message from the first NPC, you maybe cannot remind by the description in the quest log. And also, there is no quest item progress in the log. For example, you need to get 5 firewoods. You can see the log required 5 firewoods, but it does not show up how many you carry. This main quest will auto go back to village when finished. But the quest to get pet, it will not tell you when you have enough pudding.
6. Skill: I don't know how to use it yet. Will try soon.

I will only give 4/5 for US2.99. I always support dev. But I think this game will get better sale if the price set to 0.99/1.99.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog

Last edited by rogerchiu; 03-27-2010 at 11:29 PM.
03-27-2010, 11:28 PM
#6
Game Impressions

I'm kinda split regarding the translation of luna story. The translation is pretty bad generally, though not impossible to de-cipher. I can't say that i completely dislike it though. Most JRPGs that are translated more accurately tend to play it safe with their attempts at emotion, or challenging storytelling; iniota comes to mind. Luna story at least attempts humor and powerfull scenes; yet while surely the original script was funny and involving, these greater attempts often lead to greater confusion here in the translation. While i may not know why the characters are laughing at a play on words, (which simply doesn't "play" in english), at least a play on words isn't dull.
As far as the systems and gameplay go, Luna seems very solid and fun. (i will post more impression after an hour of play) but the quirky translation will be a difficult hurdle for many to leap. until i play more, just know that the story will require a certain level of imagination from english-only speakers. But as a fan of the gameplay from Secret of Mana I think I have some good monster slaying in store for me.

Last edited by Darkstar21; 03-27-2010 at 11:33 PM.
03-27-2010, 11:39 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar21 View Post
I'm kinda split regarding the translation of luna story. The translation is pretty bad generally, though not impossible to de-cipher. I can't say that i completely dislike it though. Most JRPGs that are translated more accurately tend to play it safe with their attempts at emotion, or challenging storytelling; iniota comes to mind. Luna story at least attempts humor and powerfull scenes; yet while surely the original script was funny and involving, these greater attempts often lead to greater confusion here in the translation. While i may not know why the characters are laughing at a play on words, (which simply doesn't "play" in english), at least a play on words isn't dull.
As far as the systems and gameplay go, Luna seems very solid and fun. (i will post more impression after an hour of play) but the quirky translation will be a difficult hurdle for many to leap. until i play more, just know that the story will require a certain level of imagination from english-only speakers. But as a fan of the gameplay from Secret of Mana I think I have some good monster slaying in store for me.
Is the game as text heavy as it looks from the gameplay trailer? The player was pretty much tapping through the dialogue as fast as possible and it still took over 2 minutes to get to gameplay... that coupled with shoddy translation sounds like enough to put me off it unfortunately

In-game name:winegum
XBL GT:winegum21
03-27-2010, 11:44 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 960
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Shaman View Post
Is the game as text heavy as it looks from the gameplay trailer? The player was pretty much tapping through the dialogue as fast as possible and it still took over 2 minutes to get to gameplay... that coupled with shoddy translation sounds like enough to put me off it unfortunately
There is a SKIP button for you. Yes. A lot of text to read.. ^O^

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
03-28-2010, 12:01 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerchiu View Post
There is a SKIP button for you. Yes. A lot of text to read.. ^O^
Thanks, that's awesome news, this makes it a lot more appealing now

In-game name:winegum
XBL GT:winegum21
03-28-2010, 12:09 AM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 110
Do we have an estimate of total play time?