★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Thanks everyone! Jumpo! is getting great reviews so far.

03-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to olsonvox
Thanks everyone! Jumpo! is getting great reviews so far.

Hey Touch Arcade crew.

I appreciate all of you who have already checked out my first iPhone game, Jumpo! I hope you enjoy it. I would appreciate any feedback you have on how I can make it better. I'd like to say it is a really addictive and fun. It is already getting a lot of great comments too and is ranked 5 stars on the app store. Check out some of the comments I have listed below.

please check it out and let me know what you think, I am sure you will enjoy it for just 99 cents it is a great deal and lots of fun for all ages. So far I only got one bad review and that person said it was like drunk doodle jump. Is that a bad thing? I thought it was a hilarious comment personally.

Anyway, please check it out and let me know what you think. I would appreciate some feedback. I put a lot of myself into trying to make this game so I really want to keep improving it.

blade olson

APP LINK

Aliens from the planet Zyborb have kidnaped Bloobi. To save your cute friend, get to the top and grab the flag of each world. Beware of Nillies, Gleebs, Kaminaros, and Tobots. Grab goodies to earn stars and score points.

4 Hand Drawn Cartoon worlds

- The Cave

- The Forest

- The Clouds

- Space

Choose from 3 game modes:

- Button Control

- Tilt Control

- Dual Control

SCREEN SHOTS : ( it looks way cooler when it is moving as there is a lot of fun animation , so watch the video too )

VIDEO

SOME UNFILTERED COMMENTS FROM USERS:

Quote:
- One of the best games on iTunes for kids. Quirky effects and sounds kept the kids interested all the time. Best part is that the game is easy to play unlike the battery draining 3D games. Highly recommended!!!!
Quote:
- Habe die letzten Stunden nur mit dem Spiel verbracht und muss sagen - WOW! Sehr innovatives Spiel, finde v.a. den Cartoon Style mal was ganz neues. Sehr lustiges Interface...Steuerung durch Neigung meines iPhones funktioniert tadelfrei. Macht richtig süchtig das Spiel...Bei dem Preis ist die App nach unschlagbar!
Quote:
- 操作単純で何も考えずに遊べる。連続ジャンプが決まる時の爽快感は結構楽しい。今後のステージ追加との機能 拡張を期待したい。
Quote:
- Highly addictive game. Awesome graphics. Can't put it down.
Quote:
- I love simple, addictive iPhone games that are attractive and easy to learn. This fits the bill perfectly! I was playing the app in seconds, and I love the hand-drawn, retro worlds and characters. A wonderful distraction for bank lines, bus rides and bars.
Quote:
- This game is so much fun, I think it's the funnest game ever! The crafty design is refreshing and the sound effects make me smile.
Quote:
- Great game with variety of different interfaces!! Appeals to all ages... Great game for you to compete while you try to beat your kids scores!
Quote:
- super fun (rather addicting game. I absolutely love the hand-drawn graphics. 5 stars!
Quote:
- Jumpo! is a platforming jumping game that features simple addictive gameplay that can be great fun when you are on the bus, or waiting in line, etc.
Quote:
- The menu design is as straightforward as the gameplay concept and makes it easy to get straight to the game. The setup has the hero jumping to the top to save Bloobi who has been abducted by aliens. The gameplay will have you jumping from platform to platform collecting items which turn into stars. The game controls smooth and is fun to play -- it can be very affecting to get up to the top in the time limit only to miss that last jump.

One disappointment is that you can't listen to music from your ipod player and there is no in game music (that I have heard as of yet). With all the colourful stylized graphics this game could really benefit from some equally stylized music to set the background.
Quote:
Overall if you are looking for a good quick and addictive plat former to pass an extra 5 minutes of time before your next appointment this is well worth the 99c.
Quote:
- I can't stop playing this game, go Jumpo, GO! Fun fun fun!
Quote:
- Ok, so I know what I'm doing for the next few hours - JUMPO!
Fun graphics and addictive game. I love it's basic nature and ease of use. Props to the Olsonvox team for creating a winner!!!
Quote:
- Tough little jumping game with really nice, hand-drawn artwork and fun sounds. Highly recommend!
Quote:
- Love games that feature hand-drawn art work - and Jumpo is one of the best. I can't stop playing.
Quote:
- Can't wait to show my kids Jumpo! Super fun game with beautiful, whimsical artwork. I love that you can use button controls and/or tilt controls or both at the same time. The whole family is addicted to this one for sure!
Quote:
- Good fun. Love the artwork!
Quote:
- Oh man this game is awesome! Just look at the main dude. I had a 4th grade teacher that wore that same outfit. Can't wait to get to the pickle space level! All the names are soo awesome too. Tobots!?! hahaha.
Quote:
- Cute game with fun artwork which my whole family enjoys to play.
Quote:
- When I first saw the reviews never did I think this would be remotely cool. How wrong was I! IT is incredible. The game is addicting, the graphics original and stunning. The overall game works like this. Your character jumps a lot and you have to time everything to move the character onto a platform at the right moment during the characters jumping. With a timer and a variety of activity it really keeps you energized. Just hope that there will be a way I can challenge a friend in the future or even the world to a highest jumping contest in a certain amount of time!
Quote:
- Keeping things simple and awesome is this game. Love the eggs breaking on the trees and I hate those Zyborbians.
Quote:
- The game is really well done and very addictive. Don't miss the olsonvox.com web page and support page. It's really funny.
Quote:
- Had trouble getting the wee ones to put this game down, and then i picked the game up and could not put it down. Oi!
Quote:
- ...the trendy climbing game. Great animations to keep the play action packed. Has a clean doodle feel too.
Quote:
- If you like Doodle Jump, you will love this game. It is all hand drawn and really fun to play. Great animation and great for kids and adults, Jumpo! is really addicting!
Quote:
- Honestly I wasn't too excited by the screen shots, but once playing I really enjoyed this game. I like that the platforms don't go away so you don't keep falling all the way like in the oh so popular Doodle Jump. I like the variety and little surprises.

Last edited by olsonvox; 03-28-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: link was not working
03-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Good News ! Jumpo! got featured under "NEW and NOTEWORTHY" on iTunes!! The sales have really taken off It is nice to see people enjoying the game!

blade

03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
I like the art style but I am not a fan of the jumping. There is a slight pause when the character lands, prior to jumping again. I also have found the hit detection to be a little off with the jumps. There are many times when your feet don't make it to the next jump but the character jumps anyway.

It is not a bad game but it could use some polish IMO.
04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Bazooka Time. thanks a ton for the awesome feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know what you think would be better. I am definitely going to fix those things in the next release. I am also going to make the controls feel better.

Again, thanks a ton. That kind of feedback really helps me to make this a better game.

Last edited by olsonvox; 04-02-2010 at 01:13 AM.
04-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonvox View Post
Good News ! Jumpo! got featured under "NEW and NOTEWORTHY" on iTunes!! The sales have really taken off It is nice to see people enjoying the game!

blade
Congrats that is a great achievement for any developer, might check out the game later on to see what all the buzz is about
04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
HAHA

Love the jumpo guy!

Cracks me up
Fun game too!
05-21-2010, 03:33 AM
thanks man. Hopefully you enjoy the game too!
05-21-2010, 03:37 AM
Cheer up and bring us more games~