★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is it just me... (Re-up)

View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the current quality of games being released?
Yes. Developers are staying on top of things. 15 36.59%
No. Developers need to be more efficient. 5 12.20%
Kindof. Happy with some games but more work is needed. 25 60.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll
03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Is it just me... (Re-up)

...Or do iPhone/iTouch apps really suck as of late?
I'm rather frugal, but I'm a hound for high-end apps and am constantly looking for some great games to play, but it seems that the ones being released for the past couple of months haven't been up to par. Am I just picky or has the quality decreased?
If there have been any superb games made in the past few months, please do share.
Tilt to Live is a no from me. I know it will probably be the most common one suggested, but I can't make myself play it. Maybe I'm a sucker for graphics or just looking for something that will last a long time. :P
Opinions and suggestions are all welcome.

To get an idea of what I actually purchase, here's my current gaming list (in alphabetical order):
Ace Combat
Adrenaline Golf
Adrenaline Pool
AirCoaster
Anrufen
Assassin's Creed (1, 2, and Multi)
Brothers In Arms
Bust-A-Move (I love classics!)
Cogs
DDR S+
The Deep Pinball
Downhill Bowling
Dungeon Hunter
Eliminate Pro
Final Fantasy (1 and 2)
Finger Physics
Glyder (1 and 2)
Graal Online (I favor MMOs)
Grand Theft Auto
GT Racing
Inotia 2
Labyrinth 2
Let's Golf
Low Grav Racer (1 and 2)
Parcel Panic
Pocket God (I'm only listing it because I hate it)
Pool Pro Online
Quizarium
Ravensword (Big fan of long-term RPGs)
Real Racing
Rhythm Racer
Rock Band
Sally's Spa
Skee Ball
Speed Forge Extreme (The better version of LGR)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tap Tap Revenge (2 and 3)
Touch Pets
Toy Mechanic (The Cogs ripoff)
Urban Rivals
We Rule
Words With Friends
Zen Bound
2 Across
2XL ATV Offroad

Prab closed the old forum, and I contacted him about it. He said it would be fine if I could create a new forum, but we have to stay on topic :P No mention of suggested games to buy and such because it will be closed and moved to "What should I get?", even though that is not the intent of THIS thread. In other words, more complaining about the developers and more discussion (without recommendation) about future games or past games we didn't like. You get the idea.

If you want a look at our previous discussion, here's the closed thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=49655

Continue on, guys!
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Developers don't exactly need to be more efficient, they just need to make better games.

"but it seems that the ones being released for the past couple of months haven't been up to par. Am I just picky or has the quality decreased?"

A lot of the games that you listed are very good and came out in the last few months: Cogs, Chinatown Wars, GT Racing, and a few others, but I do see what you're getting at.

For me? I'm playing Jet Car Stunts, Minigore update betas and waiting for Mirror's Edge.

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten

03-28-2010, 03:49 PM
It's relative...
03-28-2010, 03:52 PM
we need a hockey game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stinger table hockey is great but we need NHL 2010

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
03-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Your first thread was closed for a reason, you know...

hi
03-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
High end apps are good, but im also enjoying the fact that there's an indie community that comes out with unusual and quirky games, ones that dont fall into any category, the gameplay may not be what you were expecting, but theyre fun as heck... if everybody focused on high end apps, the App store would change to reflect the normal video game market, everything would fall into genres and we would LOSE this advantage. And i would weep for the loss. But thats just my opinion...

DEFY THE COSMOS!
03-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
Your first thread was closed for a reason, you know...
As was stated above Prab told me to up a new thread stating conditions.
03-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
High end apps are good, but im also enjoying the fact that there's an indie community that comes out with unusual and quirky games, ones that dont fall into any category, the gameplay may not be what you were expecting, but theyre fun as heck... if everybody focused on high end apps, the App store would change to reflect the normal video game market, everything would fall into genres and we would LOSE this advantage. And i would weep for the loss. But thats just my opinion... :o
Don't get me wrong; I love the indie games too! Some of my favorites to play are 5 Minutes to Kill (Yourself), Finger Physics, and Urban Rivals. None of them are exactly top notch like Grand Theft Auto or Real Racing, but they have quality in a different area, and that's their ability to fight away boredom. :)
03-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Looks like you mainly like console quality (Can be refered to as 'generic') games.

Your loss.
03-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieTheChaoticCupcake View Post
Don't get me wrong; I love the indie games too! Some of my favorites to play are 5 Minutes to Kill (Yourself), Finger Physics, and Urban Rivals. None of them are exactly top notch like Grand Theft Auto or Real Racing, but they have quality in a different area, and that's their ability to fight away boredom.
you talk like indie games can never be as fun as high end games.. ive found many indie games i enjoy MORE than high end games. and then theres Gameloft, which makes high end games that dont do much more than chase away boredom, something you say only happens with indie games..

DEFY THE COSMOS!