★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: UPDATE: Boiler Blast 1.3 Released

03-28-2010, 09:07 PM
UPDATE: Boiler Blast 1.3 Released

Boiler Blast 1.3 was released today. The new version provides...

1. A stage-selection interface allowing players to begin a new game from any unlocked stage.
2. Stages are unlocked (and available for selection) once their predecessor is successfully completed.
3. Lock thresholds are determined by the difficulty (easy|normal|hard) setting.

SITE: http://boilerblast.netistry.com

Get Boiler Blast 1.3 for just 0.99!

Give it a try and tell us what you think!
03-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Looks like an awesome update!

03-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Eyez-On-Me View Post
Looks like an awesome update!
Thanks!

This update should add a lot of replay value for existing players. Once you've defeated the easier stages, you'll be able to attempt the more difficult levels without needing to work your way up the chain. Nothing revolutionary...but a nice free update all the same.

03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm enjoying the game. I do wish it had scores/stats available so I can see what I've been able to do... and I'd been hoping for a stage selection screen, which should be available now, but I'm not sure how to get to the stage selection screen? I'm running the new 1.3. Thanks!
04-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtime View Post
I'm enjoying the game. I do wish it had scores/stats available so I can see what I've been able to do... and I'd been hoping for a stage selection screen, which should be available now, but I'm not sure how to get to the stage selection screen? I'm running the new 1.3. Thanks!
Hi secondtime

Sorry for the delayed response. I haven't been in this forum for a few days and didn't see your question. Hopefully the following steps will answer your question:

1. Make sure that you are using Boiler Blast 1.3. Every version of the Blast has a version number in the bottom left-hand panel of the title screen. You probably do have 1.3 but it only takes a second to verify.

2. Tap PLAY and then tap RESTART and tap NORMAL

3. You will be presented with a SELECT STARTING STAGE screen. Only stages that you have defeated since the new stage selection system came online will be unlocked so you'll likely only see stage 1 in white. Tap 1 to start the game at stage 1.

4. Play 3 or 4 stages.

5. Tap MENU and then tap PLAY > RESTART > NORMAL - you'll now notice that the stages you've beaten (plus the next one) are now white and can be selected as the starting point.

If you have any further questions please email us at info@netistry.com and we'll be more than happy to work with you to get stage selection operational.
04-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi, no that does it. I just was assuming I didn't have to hit "restart". I appreciate the response! Works like a charm.

Thanks for the code - left you a review. Fun game. You need to plan out where to put the pipes and lay them as quickly as possible, then tap the boiler to check your work. I find the "easy" level is usually doable - medium is a real challenge to make it on time, and hard is virtually impossible for me. So, I'll stick with "easy"! UI works quite well, graphics are nice, and gameplay is solid. You may want to add a scoring menu so folks can see their scores. You may also want to consider having a default pipe. I think it's the hammer currently. It would save some time to have a default pipe selected (the straight one would work well). Great game, nice job!
04-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks secondtime!

We really appreciate the detailed review and are glad that you're enjoying Boiler Blast.