★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How much better is Zenonia 2 than the original?

03-28-2010, 11:23 PM
How much better is Zenonia 2 than the original?

I want to get this game yet I am hesitating, what is so much better in the sequel? I haven't found any answers in the 'Zenonia 2 is out' thread, so please answer here. Thanks.
03-28-2010, 11:27 PM
I am wondering the same.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

Last edited by medianotzu; 03-28-2010 at 11:32 PM.

03-28-2010, 11:35 PM
So far i'm enjoying it, with the PvP system and the costumes, it'll be better than the original with up to 4 characters, but unfortunatly it has only 3 save slots. There's also a trade system where you can trade items with other people

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
03-28-2010, 11:37 PM
um by 10x?
and zenonia was already my favorite rpg..before across age.

Twitter: @back2this
03-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't see THAT much of a change, honestly.
Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it isn't like they changed it completely. If you hated the first, you'll most likely hate this one too.
The inclusion of a character that moves fast was a big plus for me, as unimportant as it sounds. It feels nice to zip around, and it makes the quests less tedious.
Well, there are four characters to pick from, and the three that you don't pick still appear in the game. There are more items, a new item creation system, and a number of other small improvements. All in all, it feels more streamlined, but the spelling mistakes and unclear language in this game irk(s?) me quite a bit. I understand that there's a lot of text in the game and everything, and I don't mind the lack of clarity when I can infer what's being said, but sometimes it gets in the way.. I invest in a skill thinking it does one thing, but it ends up doing something else. It's very annoying.
In the end, Zenonia 2 is a typical sequel.. I don't see how people seem to think that it's THAT much better than Zenonia. Still, you should buy Zenonia 2, it's a great time waster^^
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodde View Post
I don't see THAT much of a change, honestly.
Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it isn't like they changed it completely. If you hated the first, you'll most likely hate this one too.
The inclusion of a character that moves fast was a big plus for me, as unimportant as it sounds. It feels nice to zip around, and it makes the quests less tedious.
Well, there are four characters to pick from, and the three that you don't pick still appear in the game. There are more items, a new item creation system, and a number of other small improvements. All in all, it feels more streamlined, but the spelling mistakes and unclear language in this game irk(s?) me quite a bit. I understand that there's a lot of text in the game and everything, and I don't mind the lack of clarity when I can infer what's being said, but sometimes it gets in the way.. I invest in a skill thinking it does one thing, but it ends up doing something else. It's very annoying.
In the end, Zenonia 2 is a typical sequel.. I don't see how people seem to
think that it's THAT much better than Zenonia. Still, you should buy Zenonia 2, it's a great time waster^^
Lol.. A bit of a cynical overview, but for the most part I agree. The biggest selling point in this game is that it has onine pvp, weapons and armor that effect how you look and the combination/item creation.
03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
From what I hear, MAJOR improvements in the second one.
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM
How about the amount of grinding compared to the first?

This is a forum dedicated to figure out what is the best way you can give Steve Jobs your money.
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenashes View Post
How about the amount of grinding compared to the first?
what is grinding?
03-29-2010, 04:44 PM
It is common in JRPGs (Japanese) where you level up by repeatedly kill enemies to get xp. To me it is very boring when I would rather be doing something related to the storyline. This is what killed Zenonia to me.

This is a forum dedicated to figure out what is the best way you can give Steve Jobs your money.