★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: disgusted

02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
disgusted

Hi
Just wondering if anyone else is disgusted with apple support, and the amount of Just Junk apps etc.
I thought apple was going to monitor the quality of games, etc.. but obviously not. iVomit ??????
I know I don't have to purchase them but it's getting tiring going thru all the garbage..
more and more I'm thinking this unit is just a DS Lite on Steroids.
02-10-2009, 10:33 AM
If there's an opportunity for money, then why not add crappy apps to make money? Apple doesn't mind, because they eventually make more, and it makes the app store larger. It's all about greed.

02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menotu View Post
Hi
Just wondering if anyone else is disgusted with apple support, and the amount of Just Junk apps etc.
I thought apple was going to monitor the quality of games, etc.. but obviously not. iVomit ??????
I know I don't have to purchase them but it's getting tiring going thru all the garbage..
more and more I'm thinking this unit is just a DS Lite on Steroids.
welcome to TA, nice to have ya.....
02-10-2009, 10:36 AM
first: welcome.
second: you are absolutely right. i have to admit, that once i bought a junk-kind-of-app/game... iFart. never again, that was a sin.
02-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Well he does have a well reasoned point, though it is a point that has been repeated ever since last year. Pointless to go through it all again so I'll just say this to the topic creator, basically the crux of it all is if Apple is still insistent on little-to-no concept approval then a better means of filtering the App store is the best answer. How to go about that better means of filtering is still up in the air though.
02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
iDisgusted. There is so much iCrap that I don't even bother with the appstore, appshopper or even appsniper anymore. I figure TouchArcade will feature the best of the best and I just make my choices from those.
02-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menotu View Post
I thought apple was going to monitor the quality of games, etc.
Certainly not--nobody ever said that, including Apple...they have some guidelines for how apps should behave technically, but "must be a decent game" isn't one of them. (Mind you, the guidelines they do have aren't always applied consistently.) There would have been a huge outcry if Apple was to judge what's "good" or not, because it's so arbitrary in a lot of cases.

--Eric
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
If a farting app can become #1 and bank huge bucks for both developer and apple, why would apple not allow an ivomit app?

I personally think the farting/burping apps are beyond stupid and a waste of money and waste of app store space but considering it went to #1, what in the world do I know?
02-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes, if apple was going to moniter what was "decent", then there would be more of an outcry from devs.
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm waiting for iDump myself. I'm sure that it's in the queue!! Haha!!

I posted this in the wrong thread before - Haha!!