★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Most Addictive Casual Games

03-29-2010, 02:49 AM
Most Addictive Casual Games

I just picked up Angry Birds on Friday and me and my friend have finished it 100% in about 4 days because we were THAT addicted to it.

Now we have completed the game we are looking for someone else that is a casual addictive game. A puzzler or something similar would be good. Thanks for any suggesstions

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
03-29-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainter View Post
I just picked up Angry Birds on Friday and me and my friend have finished it 100% in about 4 days because we were THAT addicted to it.

Now we have completed the game we are looking for someone else that is a casual addictive game. A puzzler or something similar would be good. Thanks for any suggesstions

Oh well, a few people will surely say "Tilt To Live" or "Doodle Jump" now.
Don't believe them.

Puzzle? I am your expert here.

As nice puzzlers (well suited for casual gamer), I would recommend:

- Tetryon
- Azkend
- PathPix (there's a lite!)
- Power Gems
- Sparkle
or
- Tumble Jumble

But I think that after "Angry Birds", "Implode!" would be fitting for you.

If you really want another game in style of "Angry Birds", try "Crush the Castle".

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 03-29-2010 at 03:09 AM.

03-29-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Oh well, a few people will surely say "Tilt To Live" or "Doodle Jump" now.
Believe them.
What he said! Doodle Jump and Tilt to Live may not be puzzle games, but are very addicting games, and also very casual. Just got Tilt to Live and I really like it. I've had Doodle Jump for a while and have gotten several of my friends addicted to it as well. I have close to 40 hours played and still love playing it.

Although if you're looking for a puzzler, like he said, Implode is another good one as well.
03-29-2010, 06:50 AM
I don't have sparkle, but from what I have seen, it's tempting me to press buy :P

Also, TTL is a nice casual game.
03-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Oh and I forgot to mention this but games which have lots of levels are good (Like Angry Birds and Implode). We seem to like them better especially when taking turns to beat the levels

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
03-29-2010, 07:39 AM
My cup of tea

Just my personal taste. Tried to choose only games which are clearly meant to be casual:

First place: Canabalt; Doodle Jump;
Second place: MiniGore; Captain Ludwig; Labyrinth 1
Third place: geoSpark;
Fourth place: Sparkle;
Fifth place: Fox vs. Duck

Last edited by Symbolist; 03-29-2010 at 07:41 AM.
03-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolist View Post
Just my personal taste. Tried to choose only games which are clearly meant to be casual:

First place: Canabalt; Doodle Jump;
Second place: MiniGore; Captain Ludwig; Labyrinth 1
Third place: geoSpark;
Fourth place: Sparkle;
Fifth place: Fox vs. Duck

He asked for puzzles.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Or something similar. And somehow Labyrinth, geoSpark, Sparkle and Captain Ludwig are a little bit similar - in my opinion. So I did not give a totally useless answer, I hope. Did not read the first post as careful as needed.

As much as I know there is a version of Tetris available at the app store.

Last edited by Symbolist; 03-29-2010 at 07:56 AM.
03-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolist View Post
Or something similar. And somehow Labyrinth, geoSpark, Sparkle and Captain Ludwig are a little bit similar - in my opinion. So I did not give a totally useless answer, I hope. Did not read the first post as careful as needed.

As much as I know there is a version of Tetris available at the app store.

Ah - sorry, my bad!
I missed that "something similiar".
But no offense was intended, was just pointing toward his wish.

03-29-2010, 08:11 AM
I play Donut Games like I'm eating candy. They have a bunch of good ones:
Monkey Fling, Lucky Coins, Rat on a Scooter XL, Action Buggy