★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New App - Fastego

02-10-2009, 10:49 AM
New App - Fastego

Hello,

I am new to this forum and the developer for Fastego a new game now available for iPhone and iPod Touch. Fastego is a fast paced game that combines strategy, discovery, deduction and risk taking to win. You set the level of play, arrange your soldiers and prepare to do battle! If you’ve every played any of the classic strategy board games, I think you’ll love this game.

Fastego is available on the App Store for $0.99. More info is also available at www.fastego.com.

I appreciate your time and feedback. Thank you!

Jared Carlson
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fastego screenshot.png
Views:	4
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	1126  
02-10-2009, 11:51 AM
This looks like a simpler version of a classic euro board game called Stratego (click me). Never was too much into the game, because it's too luck based imo, but it definitely had it's fan base.

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog

02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks for checking it out. Yes, Fastego will definitely appeal to the Stratego fan base!
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
This looks like a simpler version of a classic euro board game called Stratego (click me). Never was too much into the game, because it's too luck based imo, but it definitely had it's fan base.
stratego too luck based? are you kidding me, did you ever actually play it? there's tons of strategy involved in setup (primarily) and piece movement...might have to check his one out, although i've been tryin to hold back on purchases for a little while...i'll think about it...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
looks ok, and well come to the fourms!!
02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
stratego too luck based? are you kidding me, did you ever actually play it? there's tons of strategy involved in setup (primarily) and piece movement...might have to check his one out, although i've been tryin to hold back on purchases for a little while...i'll think about it...
Yes, there is strategy involved in setup and movement, but it mostly comes down to luck when you are playing someone you don't know well. The board and the mechanics are to confined to allow major movement scenarios. When setting up a game it mostly comes down to luck which troops the enemy has stationed on the opposing side. Don't get me wrong, it involves more strategic efforts than many other titles and i love that no dice are involved, but in general it depends to heavily on the luck component in setup.

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog
02-10-2009, 08:58 PM
So is it like Stratego or a crappy knock off? Stratego is a difficult game to program the AI for.

Download Probe for PC for a real Stratego clone.
02-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I'd like to know too. So far every review in appstore looks like it's their only app they've ever reviewed.
02-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I tried it, and a complete waste of $0.99.

Anyone who has played Stratego will see this app for the garbage it truly is.

The AI is terrible and there is no record keeper.
02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
I'd like to know too. So far every review in appstore looks like it's their only app they've ever reviewed.
Yes, it is similar to Stratego. The AI was the hardest part to code and I relied upon some classic chess algorithms and home made deductive reasoning algorithms. It's designed to be a quick game that you can play in a minute or two.