★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Scribattle: Controls

02-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Scribattle: Controls

Has anyone TOFTT yet?

Just wondering: When you tap on the objects / men to shoot, are the shots fired automatically self guided? Saw a video on youtube, and it looked like you just tap on the men, and that's it; they do all the rest...
02-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Anyone???????????/

I guess no one TOFTT...
02-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Relax dude, this is not a chat... Give people some time to reply.

Haven't tested it myself yet, but it sure looks promising, so +1 on the initial question.

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog
02-15-2009, 05:38 PM
here's how it works

Came across this thread, don't know if any of you have indeed TOFTT yet, so here's how it works.

Basically, you touch a guy and stroke in the direction you want to shoot, and he shoots in that direction. Yes, I said "touch", "guy", and "stroke" in that order in the same sentence [cue beavis'n'butthead chuckling]. The faster the stroke (drag?), the faster the shot, to some extent (there are a defined minimum and maximum speeds).

That being said, it's also possible to just tap very near a guy, and the shot will fire, at the defined minimum speed, in the direction calculated from the guy's mid-point to the spot you tapped. This is a highly inaccurate way to play it on the touch screen, but worked really well for me during development, clicking the screen in the simulator.