★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Paul Burkey
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: A most Eggcellent Puzzle game, and not just for Easter! :)

Egglomania takes the logic of our best selling puzzle game BoXiKoN to a new dimension. Carefully fit your eggs into the tray forming lines in three directions at once. Eggs appear in ever increasing complexity of colors, patterns and arrangements. Eggs must be lined up and shipped out before they crack! Use your skills of organization and planning to ensure you never run out of space! Sounds easy? Give it a go!

Egglomania is an addictive arcade puzzle game; it's easy to play but hard to crack! A fresh addition to the classic puzzle game family.

Compete against others on the online High Score table!

FEATURES:
- Very simple to learn
- 16 Levels to crack!
- Online Score Tracking and World Tables.
- Auto-save and auto-continue
- Uses multi touch for rotations.
- That "one more try" feeling!

shoecake's comments:

I finally figured out how to do these appinfo posts. thanks to pluto6 for the hint!

I hope you enjoy my latest game. feedback most welcome.
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
This is another great game from a great developer. I know their work on BoXiKoN and Corner Chaos - both really polished, great puzzle games

Egglomania follows a sort of similar bent to BoXiKoN in that you are presented with differing shapes of groups of eggs also having different colors. Your task in then to place the shapes with in the "nest" making complete lines across the grid. These eggs are then destroyed.

So, it has its most basic roots in a Tetris sort of forumla, however, the shapes start off very easy and simple with only 1, 2 or 3 egss (on easy) to place, but then start adding more eggs to the groupings as well as more complex shapes. There are increased points for clearing several lines at once, as well as making the line all one color (which for me is only accomplished at the beginning of the easy levels).

There are appropropriate clucking noises and whatnot. Really polished, great graphics. If you are fan of these types of puzzlers (fitting shapes, making complete lines, Tetris type games) this is a no brainer.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

03-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I HIGHLY recommend this game!

Paul Burkey is a genius.

I also found this game to be like BoXiKon myself.
I have all of this guys games and I love them all.

The gameplay and sound effects in this one are awesome.
Some of the different level themes (egg holders) just look absolutely amazing as well.

I also recommend BombDunk. It's one of the most original games I have played yet.
03-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate it. Plenty more games to come too.
03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I HIGHLY recommend this game!

Paul Burkey is a genius.

I also found this game to be like BoXiKon myself.
I have all of this guys games and I love them all.

The gameplay and sound effects in this one are awesome.
Some of the different level themes (egg holders) just look absolutely amazing as well.

I also recommend BombDunk. It's one of the most original games I have played yet.
Thanks Colorsound - I looked it up and BombDunk does look very fun. I will get it in the next couple of days..

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-30-2010, 12:36 AM
looks fuuny!
03-30-2010, 12:48 PM
My iTunes review:

This game is great because it allows you to match a few set of eggs in different
positions. The positions can be adjusted by holding on the game screen with one finger and
twisting it with another. When you twist the positions, there will be chicken sounds.

I just got to the first place in the high scores for being the first time player!
But when you are about to lose, the whole screen turns red as a warning to you. Beware of this.

Great game with lots of interactivity - you can hear chicken sounds and the turning of eggs sounds.