★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: the game

03-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: the game

Sigh. I though somebody already made this thread so I deleted it all, and now I have to retype it...

Freeverse is developing a video game adaptation of the "classic novel" and it is due for release in April. Information was from the Gamecenter app, can't link from my iPod

Playing: N.O.V.A., NFS:S, CoD:Z, CoI:WoL, TTR3 (so many abbreviations!)

Last edited by aboll2009; 03-29-2010 at 08:05 PM.
03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Two words. Epic...fail. *sigh* -_-

The game may end up being cool but the simple fact that someone actually wrote that book is sad. :P

"I love escalators. They can never break. They can only become stairs." -Mitch Hedburg

03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker13z View Post
Two words. Epic...fail. *sigh* -_-

The game may end up being cool but the simple fact that someone actually wrote that book is sad. :P
Pride and Prejudice is a really famous and highly regarded book? .....Right?
03-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
Pride and Prejudice is a really famous and highly regarded book? .....Right?
It is but a game for it with zombies sure isn't going to make it(As far as I know)

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
It is but a game for it with zombies sure isn't going to make it(As far as I know)
" someone actually wrote that book is sad. :P"

Must've misunderstood. I thought he said that pride and prejudice was a bad book or something

Didn't realize he was talking about the zombified version.
03-29-2010, 10:06 PM
this game will be cool because there are barely any zombie games on the appstore
03-29-2010, 11:03 PM
In order to properly pull off a Pride and Prejudice and Zombies game, you'd have to start with a game which is the literary equivalent of the Pride and Prejudice novel and add zombies to it.

So what would be the game equivalent of a literary masterpiece? Tetris? The Sims? Half-Life?
03-29-2010, 11:08 PM
For those that didn't know, there is a book called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. So the game will be based on that book, which is a sort of joke version of the classic Pride and Prejudice. Yeah, it's confusing, isn't it?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
03-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
For those that didn't know, there is a book called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. So the game will be based on that book, which is a sort of joke version of the classic Pride and Prejudice. Yeah, it's confusing, isn't it?
Yeah what he said lol. I was talking about the joke version not the original.

"I love escalators. They can never break. They can only become stairs." -Mitch Hedburg
03-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker13z View Post
Yeah what he said lol. I was talking about the joke version not the original.
Well the book got some pretty good reviews....but for the game I gues we'll have to wait and see

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo