Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 AM

Battle for Wesnoth is featured again in the "What We're Playing" section on the App Store!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:58 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

I can't believe you even think of charging .99 cents for this game.. thats just high way robbery......

TO YOU!!!!!!! (Kyle) THIS GAME IS WORTH SO MUCH MORE!! I have spent hours on it and to see it at .99 cents makes me cry :'( This game is at a bare minimum worth 4.99... I don't think I will ever beat it because there is so much content, and more keeps coming.. You should be paid for your hard work! This is the only game to ever make it on my dock..
Old 04-14-2010, 03:34 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops58 View Post
I can't believe you even think of charging .99 cents for this game.. thats just high way robbery......

TO YOU!!!!!!! (Kyle) THIS GAME IS WORTH SO MUCH MORE!! I have spent hours on it and to see it at .99 cents makes me cry :'( This game is at a bare minimum worth 4.99... I don't think I will ever beat it because there is so much content, and more keeps coming.. You should be paid for your hard work! This is the only game to ever make it on my dock..
I feel the same way, it makes me cry too, and not because I paid the full price, but simply because I know there are people out there downloading it for a dollar who will play for 5 minutes and delete it because "it's too hard," or "they don't get it," and then writing a negative review and going to play doodle fartboobs or whatever. Blasphemous.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:43 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I feel the same way, it makes me cry too, and not because I paid the full price, but simply because I know there are people out there downloading it for a dollar who will play for 5 minutes and delete it because "it's too hard," or "they don't get it," and then writing a negative review and going to play doodle fartboobs or whatever. Blasphemous.
Big true that! I got it the day it came out at full price and even with the bugs people were reporting at the time, I felt it was still FAAAAAR worth more than it's asking price. Don't get me started on what it has turned into since via the updates all-around with added content and tweaks. Battle for Wesnoth is simply the best TBS game the Appstore has to offer (at least in my eyes).
Old 04-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

hey kids don't have patient to learn, they prefer "Happy Meal" more
Old 04-15-2010, 03:21 PM

Any word on the iPad version release? I know Kyle was waiting for customs to test it. Did he ever get it? Has it been submitted?

Dorf
Old 04-19-2010, 02:38 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've been having performance issues with the game lately. I'm on a 3G, and often after either putting the phone to sleep and waking up or getting to a dialog between characters, the game will slow down to a crawl (to the point that it's basically unplayable). Anyone else having this problem?

I also noticed that the game doesn't seem to autosave mid-turn when you immediately quit out or take a phone call (not sure if this is the case every time though). Anyone else notice that as well?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Some newbie questions if people don't mind. I'm really liking the game, but I'm struggling with the UI a bit. I'm aware this was apparently improved a lot in this latest version, but I'm still having trouble. The tiles are just a little too small for my fat fingers and I can't ever seem to reliably double tap.

Neither of those are my question though -- my question is is there any way to see the terrain bonuses for a unit? Checking out the guide for the PC version there is a way there, but I can't seem to figure out any way to do it on the iPhone.

If there isn't, is this information available anywhere? It's pretty critical to this kind of tactical game to know what bonus/penalty you get for each type of terrain.

If I'm missing something, someone please let me know, thanks in advance!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I really enjoy your game, you put a lot of time into the story.

I've only played the first campaign, but I do feel there could be some improvements to the overall gameplay. Just the interface of moving poeple around, reinforcing etc could be refined.

I've found that double tapping to move somewhere isn't always responsive. Maybe implament a bloom system instead of the menu system you have now.

Tap on someone, tap on a location a bloom will open up around where you tapped with an green check mark or a red X to either accept or cancel the order. Same with attack

Tap on unit, tap on enemy, you get a ranged attack or melee attack bloom around where you tapped

One last thing, the information on terrain would be useful to see as well, like what's the +/- of attacking in a forest vs land, field, or water. showing the pros and cons of the terrain would help a lot.

Other than that it's a stellar game. My favorite hex strat on the iphone

edit: on yeah in addition to the bloom I was talking about, it would be nice that when you click on the land hex that the hex would highlight where you want to go just to make sure you're actually tapping on the right hex.

Last edited by ShortAppsReview; 04-24-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Old 04-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

the game doesn't seem to have very good graphics...is the gameplay enough to overcome the graphics for .99?