Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I bought iPhone version first, and the game is too damn good that I bought the iPad version just to help devs, because I dont have an iPad.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:50 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeer Melkhor View Post
I bought iPhone version first, and the game is too damn good that I bought the iPad version just to help devs, because I dont have an iPad.
You realize you can gift it too right? ( not that I'm asking for it I already have it)
Old 10-26-2010, 06:55 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Bought this as I wanted a change of game. I was never a fan of Advance Wars or the like but this game has something else about it.

In Advance Wars, you create units from factories and look at all their stats and send em to attack enemies etc
In Rogue planet, you do some complex stuff (I don't remember, got it free and deleted later)
In Battle for Wesnoth, your units can be created at one 'home base'...

Why is this tiny change such a dramatic thing for me? Instead of growing bored of the game, I'm actually liking it more than many other TBS games.

Edit: Admittedly I just played a Skirmish then went straight to Oooooooooze Awakening.... I knew all the controls from the start somehow. No tutorial needed for me.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:35 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
You, Sir, are a gentlemen and a gamer.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
While I enjoy very much that units and gold are inherited throughout all the scenarios of the same campaign, I really miss the freedom of taking risks and of the last-second triumphs that games like Reign of Swords or The Shining Force provide.
IMHO, limited protection from permanent death for high-level units would alleviate these concerns.
Hmmm...I am not pupu-ing on any dreams here, but wouldn't that be counter to risk taking?
Since in essence you would be removing or heavily assuaging the risk of losing your unit in the midst of your tactics.
I can understand what you guys say as I often play the same way...that is treat my units like the folks in Fire Emblem.
At the end o the day however I think it comes down to play style...I don't think most units are irreplaceable in the scheme of overcoming most any scenario and strong tactics generally suffice the best at protecting your mini champions.

....all of this doesn't make it any easier to swallow when you lose your kick-ass Assassin defending a castle and two puny orc grunts REFUSE to miss with their crappy arrows at night =(
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewithchaos View Post
You realize you can gift it too right? ( not that I'm asking for it I already have it)
hint hint. <pointing to self>
hahaha..just kidding. I often do that too ie. buying multiple copies of the same thing. In fact I just bought 6 copies of a particular album...no wonder I am broke. I think this is called rushing the chart.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzwen View Post
hint hint. <pointing to self>
hahaha..just kidding. I often do that too ie. buying multiple copies of the same thing. In fact I just bought 6 copies of a particular album...no wonder I am broke. I think this is called rushing the chart.
OK, so now you can listen at home, listen at school, listen in the bathroom, listen in the car, listen in the OTHER bathroom....but WHAT THE HECK WAS THE SIXTH ONE FOR???
Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyparrot View Post
OK, so now you can listen at home, listen at school, listen in the bathroom, listen in the car, listen in the OTHER bathroom....but WHAT THE HECK WAS THE SIXTH ONE FOR???
uh...christmas came early for you? Could you believe that out of the 6, I got 5 autographed? Come to think of it, perhaps I did went overboard...
Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzwen View Post
uh...christmas came early for you? Could you believe that out of the 6, I got 5 autographed? Come to think of it, perhaps I did went overboard...

Well, as long as they're autographed

Anyways, that Wesnoth, man I love that art. I played an earlier version some years ago for before the Wesnoth Project's more recent movement to unify the general art style and man those (volunteer) artists created a rich look!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

I'm on 3rd scenario. Turn 29. I really like the game but it crashes a lot, and load times are ridiculous. Usually around two minutes to load a save. Also, the AI turn is taking quite a long time.

Question: My priest is diseased. How do I cure him? He cures everyone else, but I have no idea how to heal him. He is currently at one health, but refuses to die. Why?