• Publisher: Kyle Poole
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 206.3 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $3.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (29)
App description: The next massive update is here! Thanks to everyone for all the great feedback to help make this a better game! Episode 5 features saved game syncing, full unit info popups, and time of day terrain shading! You'll also love the new undead campaign with more than 10 hours of gameplay!

-------

REVIEWS

"...the most in-depth turn based strategy game available for the iPhone." - Touch Arcade

"For strategy fans out there, The Battle for Wesnoth is packed with content and leaves almost nothing behind." - No DPad

"Battle for Wesnoth is an epic strategy game thats almost perfect...Overall, [it] is quite the accomplishment for the platform providing a tremendously deep game experience with more content than you can imagine." - Big Albie user review on Touch Arcade

"The Battle for Wesnoth stands as one of the largest, most epic games yet released on the iPhone." - Slide To Play, Rated 4+ "Must Have"

-------

Battle for Wesnoth is the official port of a gigantic, complex and detailed full-scale strategy-RPG. We made sure that nothing was cut from the game, everything from flags flapping to skeletons juggling their heads, it's all here!

Wesnoth is a unique combination of tactical strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Panzer General, and Final Fantasy Tactics. Using your hero, you need to capture villages to gain income, and recruit new units to do battle. These units gain experience through combat and can level up into powerful new classes. But make sure to protect your veteran troops, as they can be recalled throughout a campaign!

To find out more about the game or to play the PC/Mac version for free, please visit http://www.wesnoth.org

FEATURES

* Almost 200 campaign scenarios across 15 major campaigns - literally hundreds of hours of gameplay!!
* Over 200 fully animated unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells
* Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance
* Bring your battle-hardened troops with you as you fight through campaigns
* Highly detailed and varied terrain graphics
* Three levels of difficulty for casual to expert players
* Professional music score with 90 minutes of original music
* OpenFeint integration with achievements

INCLUDED CAMPAIGNS

The South Guard (9 missions)
Heir to the Throne (25 missions)
A Tale of Two Brothers (4 missions)
An Orcish Incursion (7 missions)
Liberty (9 missions)
Legend of Wesmere (17 missions)
The Eastern Invasion (18 missions)
The Hammer of Thursagan (13 missions)
Descent into Darkness (11 missions)
Dead Water (10 missions)
The Sceptre of Fire (9 missions)
Son of the Black-Eye (18 missions)
The Rise of Wesnoth (25 missions)
Northern Rebirth (14 missions)
Under the Burning Suns (11 missions)
Invasion from the Unknown (26 missions)
Oooooze Awakening (4 missions +RPG)
The Dark Hordes (9 missions)
+ 40 skirmish/multiplayer maps!

FREE CONTENT UPDATES!

This is the full premium Wesnoth bundle, that includes all campaigns and previous episodes. But wait, there's more! The game is constantly being improved and new content added, and you will enjoy lifetime free upgrades!

NEW PLAYERS

Are you worried that the game seems too complicated for you? Don't be! Although Wesnoth does have very deep strategy, it has 3 difficulty levels to cater to both experienced and novice players. After playing the tutorial to learn the controls and basic tactics, try the first campaign on easy difficulty. You will find it challenging but fun, and you'll be slaying orcs and undead in no time!

Have an iPad? Get Wesnoth HD, out now!

Follow us @ twitter.com/iWesnoth

Kyle Poole's comments:
The next major update to Battle for Wesnoth has finally been released!

Episode 5: The Dark Hordes
+ new undead campaign with 10+ hours of gameplay
+ bonus game: "Solo Tower Defence"
+ massive framerate increase!!
+ saved game syncing with desktop versions
+ full in-game unit info popups
+ time of day terrain shading
+ can quickly double tap to move
+ reduced loading times
+ redone "choose an option" dialog, to make way for more RPG campaigns
+ fixed all terrain rendering glitches
03-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
so, is the online part still active?

i need a good TBS with story and online modes.... this seems to fit the bill the best
This game is assuredly great, and it can be downloaded for free at wesnoth.org...
But I can't promise the iPhone version is still great. It has been well over a year since the last update, and the caretakers of this fine game seem to have abandoned the project. A few Apple iOS updates can really wreck stability of the app if not maintained...
If true, it would be a shame as the developer was truly excellent and delivered needed and appreciated updates the first year of its release. I hope this project will live again, sometime.
03-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Looks like there's some other news from AnAdolt, the community manager for Shadow Era, over at the Wesnoth Forums. Apparently, there is work being done on an update to the iOS port, but there's been no ETA or other info released:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic....art=15#p522831

03-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah, Kyle (the dev) said back around November that they're working on an update to Wesnoth. Didn't go into much detail about it though.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
03-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the info, guys!
Reading the post RedDream linked to, I see that the official Wesnoth project caretakers have no control over the updates to this app because it is strictly under Kyle's developer account.
Its good to hear that the game will resume support hopefully soon tho.
In the meanwhile I just wish the communication could have been better...with both fans who already purchased the app AND with the potential customers who are browsing the app store and should be informed as to the current state of the app (i.e. in hibernation/no longer fully functional).
04-24-2012, 06:13 PM
yes an update is urgently required. Multiplayer doesn't work as advertised! Still lots to play and enjoy with the single player campaigns, but lack of proper async multiplayer is a major letdown.
07-23-2012, 09:54 PM
The tutorial mentions a "show enemy moves" option that should be in the action menu. Unfortunately, it's not there. It should highlight all hexes that enemies could move to so I don't have to peck all enemies and play a memory game to figure out a safe hex to move a wounded or otherwise weak unit. Where is the "show enemy moves"?
07-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynx View Post
The tutorial mentions a "show enemy moves" option that should be in the action menu. Unfortunately, it's not there. It should highlight all hexes that enemies could move to so I don't have to peck all enemies and play a memory game to figure out a safe hex to move a wounded or otherwise weak unit. Where is the "show enemy moves"?
Way to get me excited for an update

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
07-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
This. I still play at least once a week and just icloud support instead of the current save game syncing would make me happy
07-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Haha, sorry.
09-10-2012, 07:31 AM
When's this blasted game going to get an update to enable its multiplayer to work as advertised. I feel totally conned.