★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Universal app now with HD graphics, works full screen on iPads, with GameCenter Leaderboard - works on iOS 9.x.

Number 1 in the Top Kids Paid Apps in Croatia, Nicaragua, Sweden.

Number 8 in Top Kids Paid Apps in the UK and Finland.

Have your kids ever wanted to be just like Roary - the Number One Star?

Well now they can be - as Roary The Racing Car makes his debut on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in "Rollin' Road".

Featuring voices (including Peter Kay) and music from the show and graphics rendered from the actual 3D models used to create the fabulous CGI for the hit children's tv series.

This simple, yet fast paced, action racing game will entertain and challenge the kids for hours, keeping them quiet on those long journeys, as they attempt to beat their own scores and get into the on-line high score table.

They'll also be able to sing-a-long with the Roary theme tune as they settle down for just one more go! The simple game mechanic makes this one of the easiest games to play on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, so even your youngest can enjoy the fun!

All the main cars are here Roary, Cici, Maxi, Tin Top, Drifter, Plugger, and they speak too, bringing the tv show to right into your kids hands, in a way never done before.

Other Silverhatch pals include James, Nick, Breeze and even recent arrival Conrod. Hellie keeps Roary supplied with spanners to fix damage and a driving remix of the theme tune plays along providing the atmosphere of an all out race to the finish.

Keep Roary out of the pits as long as you can and if you want, submit your score to the on-line high score table for keeps.

Brilliant fun for kids of all ages!
03-30-2010, 04:08 AM
tilt with a vertical screen.....hmmmmmm

and no alternative controls

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

03-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Guess they went with the theory that four year olds only have small thumbs
03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
well thats exactly why i suspect they will have problems with the vertical tilt

......seems a bit silly too me !

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
03-31-2010, 05:30 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to IPete2
Hmm well I wrote it and it seems fine to me.

Hiya guys,

As the author of the game I can tell you it's actually proved very successful.

Toddlers love to hold things close to them and can easily control this game mechanic. It's not bad for adults either, my teenage son and daughter love it too, but it's a very simple game.

The game is held in the horizontal not vertical position, and they simply hold it level and tilt to move around the screen. This means they get a lot of satisfaction from doing very well at the game too. There are no buttons in the main game you simply tilt the device to get a really good, fun experience.

It's got the original theme song sung by Peter Kay and a lot of the voices from the number one star himself, Roary to Big Chris (Peter Kay) and other Silverhatch characters who appear in the tv series in the UK.

With an option to put your score in an on-line high score table, as well as keep it on your device, there's loads of replay value too.

Keep an eye on it - it's number 8 in the Top Paid Kids Apps just now.

Peter M. Caddock
Head Of New Technologies
Studio Liddell
03-31-2010, 06:15 PM
do you have a gameplay video? or do you plan to release a lite version soon?
04-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
do you have a gameplay video? or do you plan to release a lite version soon?
good questions - at 99c i would just pick this up, but at the moment i'm still ummming and ahrring as my kid can do the horizontal driving no probs but that involves two hands, whereas with vertical i still think it will be harder to control.

Stop viewing Signatures
04-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to IPete2
Roary Rollin' Road - video link

Hey guys,

I should stress, as I said in the above post this game is held horizontally not vertically, so its very easy to control, even for the younger kids who play it. No lite version is planned.

Go here for more information and a video link:

www.studioliddell.com/roary

The camera is above me playing here, looking down on the screen. This web page will also have a rendering of
the on-line high score table we have set up, which already has 700 plus entries, in just two days.

The game uses 3D renders of the actual models used in the tv show - Studio Liddell do all the CGI for this tv show and we have full access to all assets, so you really are buying into a brand custodian's approach. The cars look great and we have the original cast voicing all the phrases used in the game. With the full theme tune, sung by Peter Kay, in there too you really are getting a proper bargain at 1.19.

Peter M. Caddock
Head Of New Technologies
Studio Liddell

Last edited by IPete2; 04-01-2010 at 07:28 AM.
04-02-2010, 10:31 AM
ok bought, will report back later

Stop viewing Signatures