★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Will you answer the call to fight evil and become a legend? Pick up your sword in this FULL RPG adventure downloadable for FREE!

Explore a vast world as Rento the fearless warrior and journey through frightened villages, deep forests and dark crypts. Battle your way through orcs, bandits and skeletons as you prepare to fulfill your destiny in the immortal dungeons, where you will once again confront the Demon Lord eye to eye. Take over the dungeons and bring evil to its knees for good and become a hero as you enjoy this full fantasy epic with unlimited gameplay!

FEATURES:
Premium RPG experience downloadable for free!
Heroic storyline with unlimited dungeon gameplay
oKill enemies and gather special items while exploring all corners of the land of the legends
oGain damage points and strength as you progress and level up along your adventure
Collection of Gemstone-powered items to find or buy each with unique effect and contribution to combat situations
OpenFeint social platform integration
oCompete for high scores in the dungeons through online leaderboards
oTry to earn all 18 achievements and establish yourself as a true Legend!
Beautiful graphics and an epic soundtrack to put you in the warrior mood!

STILL NOT SURE? Try the Free Version

MORE FUN ON APPLE APP STORE
Check out DChocs hottest games: Crazy Penguin Catapult, 3D Rollercoaster Rush, 3D Mini Golf Challenge, Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D, 3D Brick Breaker Revolution and Millionaire City.

FIND DC ON THE WEB
Get updated with Digital Chocolates latest product, promos and game tips! Visit us on Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and Twitter! Find us FAST by searching for dchoc.

All trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
03-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Played it for about 20 minutes and I like it. Graphics are bland but the touch controls work well. Not sure why it is free.

03-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Played it for about 20 minutes and I like it. Graphics are bland but the touch controls work well. Not sure why it is free.

Because there is a "premium" full version.
Look at the bottom of the app description (in AppStore).

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 03-30-2010 at 12:35 AM.
03-30-2010, 12:38 AM
So this is the so-called premium version? Whatever. downloading now.
03-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Game Impressions

It's the full game, but it's ad supported (only when you hit the pause menu, thank goodness) and DLC (you can buy crystal skulls, which power up your special attacks). Plays a lot like Inotia 2: tap to move, tap to attack, your character will fight till the enemy is dead. Graphics are nice -- much more detailed sprites than Zenonia or Inotia 2 -- but the animation is a bit stiff, particularly when swinging a sword. Gameplay seems pretty simple, though, and just about as linear as Dungeon Hunter. I'll probably play it a bit further and decide whether it's worth my time.
03-30-2010, 01:13 AM
FREE?! dl nothing to lose. DLC?! hum
03-30-2010, 02:53 AM
So far the game is kinda fun. The graphics are ok and animation seems fine. I am playing without using any items that burn gemstones (the purchaseable consumable DLC.). Since the game has no inherent hp regen, your ability to continue is limited by how often healing potions drop.

The game is totally linear so far.

The game really wants you to use gemstones to power through battles since they are the 'fuel' for your special attacks.....

And of course they are what you are supposed to buy from the gemstore.

I'm not interested at all in a mechanism where I have to buy the fuel just to play and keep having to buy more to play more.

Yes the game does give you gems as you play. I think I have about 180 so far. I've not used any, and don't plan to.

I'll keep trying to continue and will let you know how it goes...sans gems.

Edit: There is only one save, and it seems you can't reset or delete if you want to start the story over. If you die it takes you back to the start of the current map. I'll assume you have to delete the app then reinstall it to
start over.

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656

Last edited by Rixx; 03-30-2010 at 03:38 AM.
03-30-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
The game really wants you to use gemstones to power through battles since they are the 'fuel' for your special attacks.....

And of course they are what you are supposed to buy from the gemstore.

I'm not interested at all in a mechanism where I have to buy the fuel just to play and keep having to buy more to play more.
So more and more we're seeing games come out which are more than willing to sacrifice gameplay in favour of implementing a money-sucking mechanic. Thank you ngmoco. Thank you to all of your supporters.
03-30-2010, 05:26 AM
makes sense actualy... buy the premium version like buying the game

or pay to play like in an arcade...

editremium ver not up yet but talks about it in summery

Last edited by ghostlogic; 03-30-2010 at 05:36 AM.
03-30-2010, 07:21 AM
For Free what the heck right?

Well the story is fine, the controls are okkkk but the inventory stuff is confusing as all get out. You go around and hit this sacks that could have just about anything in them but usually have a purple gemstone. Those get added to your inventory on the left - I have about 140 of them. But the ones you can use in the game are on the right in the form of a skull - I have only 4 of them. Now there has to be a way to covert the 140 into something but I have yet to find out how. The help menu is useless as it instructs you to purchase more via in app purchasing. No I don't need MORE I need to know how to use the ones I HAVE. And the pricing is odd unless there is some significance 400, 500 or.. for 99 cents. Then a whole slew of choices for 1.99 etc. If you are going to pay the same price for them why not get the most you can - unless of course there is that hidden meaning behind them I am missing.

Oh and there is quite a bit of lag. One time it lagged so much I lost a battle because no one could move but somehow the three enemies were able to kill me.

Potions are few and far between but these silly purple crystals are everywhere. Now if I could figure out how to use them (using a skull on the right hand menu pretty much kills an enemy instantly but that's about all I can say about them!)