★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SpinDice

10-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
SpinDice

Hey everybody, BoB from Terminal Core Games here.

My second game is out: SpinDice

Here's the iTunes link:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292695856&mt=8

And here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9N5PxB5SoA

Any comments, questions, let em fly!

Oh, and if Touch Arcade wanted to do a review that would be great!
(Still waiting on a BloXoR review )

BoB - Terminal Core Games
iPhone Games: BloXoR . SpinDice
10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Looks pretty good. One thing though, the sound effect for spinning sounds awful!

Perhaps you could change it to a dice 'shaking' effect, i.e the sound when you shake it in your hand, as opposed to rolling it onto a surface.
10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry that you don't like the sound. It really does have to be something simple because there could be many, many dice spinning at the same time.

Plus, all the sounds are simple digitial sounds--like a vegas machine--that's what I was going for.

Last edited by BoB; 10-09-2008 at 11:27 AM.
10-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Wow, this looks fun. I might have to give it a shot! It's between you and that Snickers bar I have been eyeing in the candy machine downstairs. Decisions decisions. JK!
10-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah, you better hurry. Once the introductory price of $.99 is up, I'm jackin' the price all the way to like $1.99!!! ...

10-20-2008, 06:39 PM
I got this game. I played classic mode and found it very boring. It did not give you enough spins and I could not make the game fun or interesting because you were so limited by whether your spins got lucky. The option to highlight dice diagonally would have been nice.

But then last night I tried the timer mode where you get unlimited spins, and it was like a whole other game! I loved it, so much fun. Much better than the other way. I am glad I bought it now and glad I tried timer mode before I gave up.

Now, will you please make a decent Yahtzee clone? I've spend about $10 trying every single one in the app store, and they are all terrible. I finally found one that looks halfway decent and has sufficient options, but its rolls are really rigged so you don't score high.