★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Clearout (free) fun local 2 player game

02-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Clearout (free) fun local 2 player game

Clearout (free) thought ok what the heck another game that went from $1 to free. Was pleasantly surprised. Each player has 3 discs and if any of the 3 criteria matches (color, shape, stripes) the center two you fling your disc to the one of the center two. Of course if your opponent beats you the criteria most likely will change for that disc. First to fling 50 to center wins. Nice local same idevice game. BTW, if you try to play this game solo and hate it and delete it you didn't try this game. You have to play against another person to decide whether you like it or not. Cuz I almost did delete it and thought it was lame when I tried soloing it. Been there done that.

Now there have been a few Snap games that came out and you flip a card and if the number matches first to tap wins but to me that is kinda lame as there is no thinking just reflexes. I always wanted a game like Jungle Speed on the iphone and this is pretty darn close. Although Jungle speed purposely deceives with tons of look-a-like shapes and penalizes you for grabbing for the totem if your mistaken. So yes still hoping for something like jungle speed to come out. Until then though Clearout will suffice. We play jungle speed as a family and many bloody knuckles and bloody scratches are the result but it's all good fun.
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Clearout (free) thought ok what the heck another game that went from $1 to free. Was pleasantly surprised. Each player has 3 discs and if any of the 3 criteria matches (color, shape, stripes) the center two you fling your disc to the one of the center two. Of course if your opponent beats you the criteria most likely will change for that disc. First to fling 50 to center wins. Nice local same idevice game. BTW, if you try to play this game solo and hate it and delete it you didn't try this game. You have to play against another person to decide whether you like it or not. Cuz I almost did delete it and thought it was lame when I tried soloing it. Been there done that.

Now there have been a few Snap games that came out and you flip a card and if the number matches first to tap wins but to me that is kinda lame as there is no thinking just reflexes. I always wanted a game like Jungle Speed on the iphone and this is pretty darn close. Although Jungle speed purposely deceives with tons of look-a-like shapes and penalizes you for grabbing for the totem if your mistaken. So yes still hoping for something like jungle speed to come out. Until then though Clearout will suffice. We play jungle speed as a family and many bloody knuckles and bloody scratches are the result but it's all good fun.
Looks cool, thanks for the heads up! I like local two player games.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Ok wasn't aware there is a Wiiware version of Jungle Speed. Gives us hope for an iphone version.