★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Localization for German Appstore

02-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Localization for German Appstore

So here's the deal. Many of you Developers will never have been to the German Appstore before and even if you would have, you wouldn't have understood a thing, with people posting comments in German (obviously). Many of those comments complain about a missing localization/language support, but many of them do not realize, that most Apps are made by little, independent studios, that do not have enough time/resources.

I always have been a supporter of independent stuff and therefor i would like to offer my abbilities to translate your Apps (No coding etc., just a normal translation, which you could implement in your App.) for free.

So as long as i have time, i'm willing to help out. If you are interested, just send me a PM and we can sort things out.

(And i'm not talking about some 'monster' projects here, like word games with whole libraries. That would take forever... )

Cheers, butters

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog
02-11-2009, 04:23 AM
This sounds interesting.
Our game doesn't have that much text, might be suitable for translation. I'll have a talk wit the other people I work with.

Programmer / co-founder @ Tumbleweed Interactive
Skybound app-link | lite version | Skybound gameplay video
02-11-2009, 06:04 AM
No Prob, hope i can help out.

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog
02-11-2009, 08:08 AM
if you are a pro you can apply to work for dys translations.
they are working for apps translations and looks like they are looking for translators: http://www.dystranslations.com/page4/page4.html
02-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Josh View Post
if you are a pro you can apply to work for dys translations.
they are working for apps translations and looks like they are looking for translators: http://www.dystranslations.com/page4/page4.html
Hey, thanks for the URL. I am indeed a native German speaker and i have done my fair share of translations, but i am not a professional translator nor am i aiming for a job in that direction. As i said before, this here is just to give people the opportunity to push their game on another market.