★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Blade Battle is an exciting, fast-paced accelerometer game from XMG Studio, an award-winning game developer in the 2009 Best App Ever awards.

Blade Battle pairs the fast pace of a traditional shoot em up game with the stylings and feel of pinball. But in Blade Battle theres no tame silver ball rolling through the world, theres an amped-up blade-studded machine blazing its way through the world battling clever and menacing opponents as it goes.

Razor-sharp gameplay and an arsenal of devastating weapons to use in fierce battles against cleverly menacing AI-opponents. Its a frantic fight-to-the-death as you try to eliminate an onslaught of relentless opponents that grow harder and stronger with each new wave.

Players move through more than 30 unique theme-based levels that offer exciting new challenges and require new gameplay strategies for each new arena. Do you have it what it takes to go the distance?

Gameplay features:
- 4 characters to choose from, each with their own unique characteristics (faster, heavier etc.)
- 5 enemy types all with unique, challenging AI
- Pick up weapons and power-ups throughout the game including Missiles, Triple Missiles, Uberblades, Magnet Mines, Proximity Mines, Maces, Speed Boosts and Health Boosts
- Uses accelerometer to control speed and motion of your character
- Tap the screen to jump on or over enemies. Stun them and go in for the kill!
- Tactile feedback (iPhone only) and exciting high-quality sound effects throughout the game
- Finely tuned physics engine
- Awesome graphics
- OpenFeint-powered leader board and achievements

Look for more from XMG Studio team!

xmgstudio.com
twitter.com/xmgstudio

goiMot's comments:

03-30-2010, 06:23 PM
It looks interesting, I am guessing that it is tilt control. I would like to see a little more of teh actual game play in the video. Nice to see that OF is integrated for high score challenges and achievements.

Game Center- SLEB Openfient- sleb plus+ sleb

03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Cute but here is a big sloppy OF achievement bug I just posted about on their support forum:

Just grabbed Blade Battle, good fun but realize your achievements are a bit broken. After only barely making it to the second wave of the first arena earned the following achievements (besides a few appropriate ones):

Bronzed (scored a bronze on every level)
Silver and...(scored a silver on every level)
That's a lot of Gold (scored a gold on every level)
Gotta Beat 'em All (unlocked all levels)

Thankfully, within the game all arenas but the first are still locked and I have yet to earn even a medal on the initial level.

PLEASE FIX ASAP!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
It looks interesting, I am guessing that it is tilt control. I would like to see a little more of teh actual game play in the video. Nice to see that OF is integrated for high score challenges and achievements.
So other than the big OF achievement glitch it's kind of cute and stupid, still getting the hang of things.

The game sports some 28 achievements and, as you may have read above, I just earned a couple of the game's toughest ones just for showing up.

Your score is tracked individually for all 31 levels BUT it isn't points, just your best record of enemy wave cleared. So having made it all the way to the second wave of the first arena before dying I have a score of "1" on "Level 1" on the OF leaderboards.

My iTunes Reviews
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
LordGek,
Thanks for the info. Would you recommend this on its gameplay as a decent fun game?

Game Center- SLEB Openfient- sleb plus+ sleb
03-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Did any of the Beta's from XMG actually get to beta this? As I recall, none of the betas got it to work.
03-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
LordGek,
Thanks for the info. Would you recommend this on its gameplay as a decent fun game?
The jury is still out. Haven't played enough to give it a fair shake. My initial impression is pretty meh but with more play it could be come very cool or very MEH.

My iTunes Reviews
03-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozelz View Post
Did any of the Beta's from XMG actually get to beta this? As I recall, none of the betas got it to work.
I was beta testing although the Adhoc never worked. So I down right said, I'm not participating anymore. I gave them a month and they didn't really do anything. I left the group afterwards.
04-01-2010, 11:05 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
It's free now.
04-02-2010, 08:56 AM
The devs aren't making any huge points in my book. The game has some interesting ideas but a lot of rough edges and now after a few full days haven't deemed it worth their time to respond to my issues posted on their support forum.

My iTunes Reviews