★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Here is your chance to drive a Monster Truck like you stole it! Crush cars, drive through billboards, and perform stunts on 20 fully 3D tracks with 4 unique trucks. But be careful, if you damage your truck too much you will shed body panels leaving you with only a bare monster truck chassis.

Earn points by destroying objects and pulling freestyle stunts, such as wheelies, stoppies, back-flips, rolls, and more. Use the accelerometer to steer the truck and while it is in the air you can use it to adjust the trucks pitch and roll. Using the accelerometer control while the truck is in the air will give you the ability to perform stunts never before seen at any monster truck event!

FEATURES
4 unique monster trucks (3 unlockable)
20 unique levels (19 unlockable)
Dynamic 3D objects to crush and crash through
Dynamic trucks parts that fly off the truck as it takes damage
Fine tuned and animated suspension physics. Suspension is fully animated
Unlockable feature that allows you to customize the trucks physics

SQUAWK SOFT GAMES
Monster Truck Racing
Pro Truck Rally
Smash Up Derby
Dirt Kart Racing
03-31-2010, 07:29 AM
#2
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,404
FREEstyle?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

03-31-2010, 08:06 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 142
i don't know if threadstarter is the dev of this game, if so, how about a video?

screenshots don't show me the controls etc.
03-31-2010, 12:06 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne View Post
i don't know if threadstarter is the dev of this game, if so, how about a video?

screenshots don't show me the controls etc.
I agree with the guy above a video would be nice, even though screen shots look great./......
03-31-2010, 05:04 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne View Post
i don't know if threadstarter is the dev of this game, if so, how about a video?

screenshots don't show me the controls etc.
I don't think so, because 'Toad In The Hole' has made a few threads for different game releases, all by a different company, if I remember correctly
03-31-2010, 10:23 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,272
Its out in the U.S. now. Anyone willing to TOFTT?
04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Its out in the U.S. now. Anyone willing to TOFTT?
I just did; I'll post impressions later (off to bed now).
04-02-2010, 02:58 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 260
I bought this and here is some feedback

1) Basic instruction and spelling errors.
"Default" was incorrectly typed as "Defalut"
Instructions for gas was on the right of the screen, not left as described in the instructions.
Likewise, brake and reverse was on the left of the screen, not right as typed in the instructions.

2) Controls and gameplay
The accelerate and turns were best described as "twitchy" .
Even turning the sensitivity of the controls right down, it was still twitchy and too sensitive that I oversteered, ran into walls and so on.
No sense of mass like a monster truck, more like an 80's arcade game control.

Camera was too close to the truck to see where the objectives were located.

In the end, I stopped playing as it was almost unplayable and this game requires a lot more polishing up on the controls before it is more user friendly.

As a suggestion, you really don't need a "reverse pedal", pressing brake for a long time could act as a reverse. Or double tapping brake for reverse can be implemented too.

Sorry for such as negative review, but I call it as it is!
04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorrick View Post
I bought this and here is some feedback

1) Basic instruction and spelling errors.
"Default" was incorrectly typed as "Defalut"
Instructions for gas was on the right of the screen, not left as described in the instructions.
Likewise, brake and reverse was on the left of the screen, not right as typed in the instructions.

2) Controls and gameplay
The accelerate and turns were best described as "twitchy" .
Even turning the sensitivity of the controls right down, it was still twitchy and too sensitive that I oversteered, ran into walls and so on.
No sense of mass like a monster truck, more like an 80's arcade game control.

Camera was too close to the truck to see where the objectives were located.

In the end, I stopped playing as it was almost unplayable and this game requires a lot more polishing up on the controls before it is more user friendly.

As a suggestion, you really don't need a "reverse pedal", pressing brake for a long time could act as a reverse. Or double tapping brake for reverse can be implemented too.

Sorry for such as negative review, but I call it as it is!
I wouldn't call the game unplayable, but I agree that it needs some serious control and camera view improvements. The physics are decent, though, and the destructible car is novel in iPhone gaming. Good frame rate, too.
04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
#10
Just to let you know

We have attempted to address many these issues in the next update, it has been submitted to the app store, and is currently waiting for approval. We appreciate the feedback. Feel free to e-mail us in addition to posting on the forums. Thx.