★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Puzzle Quest Updated Again

02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Puzzle Quest Updated Again

So I'm not near wi-fi and can't install it, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried the new update for Puzzle Quest.

It says it helps the performance, graphics and sound.
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Spent time on one fight, and it looks like the font used on the main battle screen has changed. The font now is also much clearer because it seems to have been increased in size. When bringing up spell info on the battle screen, you still get that default fantasy looking text.

Maybe the graphics overall have made less blurry. I dunno.

I might check things out again later to see if there is anything else.

I dunno. I'm getting bored with Chapter 1, so investing time in it is like, eh.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here

Last edited by s0mah; 02-10-2009 at 07:45 PM.

02-10-2009, 08:48 PM
You can actually see the picture of the dude you are fighting now --- during the confrontation screen. The font got uglier on the spell panel.The spell effects still occur on the half of the screen you cant see and the Victory screen is still too long ---- the whole thing does not fit on the screen. They are still trying to fix a big mess of OOPS ---too bad for such a respected developer ----the Iphone is still a joke to them I suppose.....soo many problems for such a good game.
02-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Anyone else try the update?

I'm a huge PQ fan, already owning it on three platforms, but haven't bit on the iphone version yet.
02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Anyone else try the update?

I'm a huge PQ fan, already owning it on three platforms, but haven't bit on the iphone version yet.
I downloaded it and played it last night a bit. As mentioned you can now see the enemy on the encounter screen, that's nice. Before the image was too large and 90% would run off the screen.

If you're on the fence about puzzle quest and want a mobile version I would snag this. I like it better than the DS version. The performance has been improved a bit from the first release and the bugs are slowly being ironed out.

However, the one thing that annoys me about this game is the fact that it doesn't respect the mute switch completely. One moment it's quiet and the next you've got music coming out of your speakers, it's very random.

If you need to play silent, just turn the volume all the way down once you're in the game and you'll be fine.
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletbob View Post
I like it better than the DS version.
Really. I'm quite the fan of the DS version. I've really been enjoying playing on the iphone, though, since I don't have to switch the carts out all the time. There are some games I'd rather play on DS (e.g. WordJong) but I enjoy the heck out of both.
02-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
PQ 1.2 update fixes readability issues!

I just had a chance to play the 1.2 update and if you remember, I was probably complaining as loudly as anyone about readability issues. Well, I am very happy with the 1.2 update, which fixes almost everything I was dissatisfied with. The text is bolder and brighter on the battle screen and a filled-in font was substituted for the translucency effect in other screens. The game should now be playable without problems by anyone who needs reading glasses.

These were major improvements. I will be looking forward to the next two chapters and anything else released by transgaming, since it is clear they are listening to consumers.

02-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
I just had a chance to play the 1.2 update and if you remember, I was probably complaining as loudly as anyone about readability issues. Well, I am very happy with the 1.2 update, which fixes almost everything I was dissatisfied with. The text is bolder and brighter on the battle screen and a filled-in font was substituted for the translucency effect in other screens. The game should now be playable without problems by anyone who needs reading glasses.

These were major improvements. I will be looking forward to the next two chapters and anything else released by transgaming, since it is clear they are listening to consumers.

Dear Transgaming, now that almost everyone seems happy with the PQ update, can we have at least a release date for chapter 2 and 3?
Pleaaaase!!!
I really like the game and I do not want to seem ungrateful, but the game site (http://www.gametreelive.com/) seems almost dead, no news, and this game isn't even listed in the RPG section of the App Store which I find to be a bit odd (it's listed in the Adventure and Puzzle sections if I recall well).

Oh!
Do not forget Galactrix too (possibily in one integral piece)!!!
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Could someone post some screenshots please of the new changes? That'd be faptastic!

HTML Code:
<name> Noah <!-- hello.wordpress.com -->
<member since> Sept. 2008 <!-- that's 8+ years -->
<title> Senior Applications Developer <!-- CricketWireless.com -->
02-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Could someone post some screenshots please of the new changes? That'd be faptastic!

New clash screen.

New spell font.

Old font, with cleaner translucency.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here