★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Visit http://www.playbedlam.com for more info. Follow us @ twitter.com/bedlam_mmo.

* NO SUBSCRIPTION, NO IN-APP PURCHASES or other in-game unlocks. Improve through skill & persistence only.

* A huge, open-ended, real-time online RPG world built over decades.

* Bedlam is NOT 3D, NOT a 2D-scroller, and NOT a browser-based game.

* Bedlam is a Multi-User Dungeon (MUD) with a vast, real-time world, 12 special classes, hundreds of areas, thousands of different NPC's and items.

* There are many ways to interact with the world, so the Bedlam app UI is extremely complex! Be prepared to learn new things.

* Play on any iPhone/iPod/iPad, over any connection: data transfer is minimal.

* Create an unlimited number of characters. Transfer equipment and gold easily. Form or join an experience group. Found or join a guild, invest in a private house. Socialize.

* Bedlam is a one-of-a-kind MMORPG experience. Players can not only enjoy a huge, custom-built world but can also become Dungeon Creators and Quest Masters.

* This app is an advanced graphic MUD client connecting to a feature-rich and always free-to-play server running at telnet://mud.playbedlam.com:9000. Play Bedlam for free in a desktop browser via the web app @ playbedlam.com or using the Facebook app.

World Highlights:

- Create multiple characters in 12 very different classes.
- Player guilds
- PvP 1-vs-1 and free-for-all
- Private houses and player-owned shops
- Huge world (8000+ rooms) with hundreds of unique custom areas, thousands of NPC's.
- 60 Mortal Levels, 10 extra Hero levels
- NPC quests, quests by human Quest Masters, scripted quests that unlock areas.
- Thousands of designed items, infinite random loot. 24+ equipment wear positions.
- Multiple IM Channels, In-Game Auction System.

App Highlights include:

- Beautiful pre-rendered artwork.
- Capable CoverFlow-like UI supporting many complex interactions.
- Real-time visualization of all game characters, objects, and surroundings, and of many events.
- Real-time point-of-view tap-enabled map.
- One-finger, one-hand triggering of complex actions.
- Advanced triggers with variable support to help you respond fast to game events.
- Data compression for bandwidth savings.
- Battery saving options for long play sessions.
- Original soundtrack.

Tamus's comments:
Bedlam is a great app! It's fairl new to the AppStore and still catching on. It's a very unique game, and some may fine it difficult and may no like it, which, being around since beta stages, I have seen alot of that. Let me tell you, this app requires a good bit of patience to learn the ropes, because the user interface is a little different than what you've seen, but once you know the basics, it's simple and really a fun app.

There are many zones woth mobs that load items, some better than others. There is a zone designed specifically designed or players level 1-5, and after that, once you start leveling alot, there are more difficult zones out there that reward higher experience bonuses and better items, but the mobs get harder.

There are many levels in the game, starting al level one of course, then extending through level 60. Once level 60, you have reched the end of mortal levels, however you may appeal to other sages/gods in the game and if they think you are worth, you will he granted immortal status, which I have yet to experience, but hope that someday I can!

We have a small, however very friendly community in Bedlam, and we will be happy to help you along, even help you get some starting equipment. We would like to increase the size of the community, and the app is 4.99 (there is also a free light version allowing you to level through lvl 11). So all I'm asking is that some of you guys stop by sometime an give it a try, you may not like it, which is fine, but if you do, it provides hours of entertainment!

Here is a link to the app in the AppStore:
04-01-2010, 03:46 PM
This is the best mmo currently in the appstore, in my opinion.

Also, in another thread I said something about this game and was acused of being the dev. I am not, in the game I am a player called darkon.

04-01-2010, 06:46 PM
For that price, I'm gonna need more than a few menu-based screenshots that look ... well, rather plain. There's mention of a free-roaming world but no evidence of it in the screenshots. Any video or additional screenshots?

Also, Bedlam is already the name of a 1996 game by GT Interactive, so there may be some trademark infringement going on here...

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 04-01-2010 at 06:50 PM.
04-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
Bedlam is a great app! It's fairl new to the AppStore and still catching on. It's a very unique game, and some may fine it difficult and may no like it, which, being around since beta stages, I have seen alot of that. Let me tell you, this app requires a good bit of patience to learn the ropes, because the user interface is a little different than what you've seen, but once you know the basics, it's simple and really a fun app.

There are many zones woth mobs that load items, some better than others. There is a zone designed specifically designed or players level 1-5, and after that, once you start leveling alot, there are more difficult zones out there that reward higher experience bonuses and better items, but the mobs get harder.

There are many levels in the game, starting al level one of course, then extending through level 60. Once level 60, you have reched the end of mortal levels, however you may appeal to other sages/gods in the game and if they think you are worth, you will he granted immortal status, which I have yet to experience, but hope that someday I can!

We have a small, however very friendly community in Bedlam, and we will be happy to help you along, even help you get some starting equipment. We would like to increase the size of the community, and the app is 4.99 (there is also a free light version allowing you to level through lvl 11). So all I'm asking is that some of you guys stop by sometime an give it a try, you may not like it, which is fine, but if you do, it provides hours of entertainment!

Here is a link to the app in the AppStore:
Oh boy here comes the dev of this app again. I believe this is his third account on toucharcade. There is plamzi, the one that commented on the mmo thread in the site feedback section, and this one. Is he ever gonna stop?

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
04-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Again, I am not plamzi. I am one of bedlam's high lvl players. I cannot say for sure if tamus is plamzi, but I really do doubt it, since I know a player ingame called tamus.

If you are so against this game for some reason, just leave it alone, this is here to inform people that might be interested in playing the game, and though it is not for everyone, it is a great game.
04-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearWorm View Post
Again, I am not plamzi. I am one of bedlam's high lvl players. I cannot say for sure if tamus is plamzi, but I really do doubt it, since I know a player ingame called tamus.

If you are so against this game for some reason, just leave it alone, this is here to inform people that might be interested in playing the game, and though it is not for everyone, it is a great game.
Ok I apologize I thought you were the dev. Sorry.

04-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Ready give it five minutes...guarantee you the dev is going to insult me.

04-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsrule424 View Post
Ready give it five minutes...guarantee you the dev is going to insult me.
This is actually a pretty good game...

DEFY THE COSMOS!
04-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
This is actually a pretty good game...
I'm not insulting the game, I'm talking about the dev. I don't want to start any fights so I'm not gonna argue. Plamzi I'd like to call a truce.

04-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Bedlam Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
For that price, I'm gonna need more than a few menu-based screenshots that look ... well, rather plain. There's mention of a free-roaming world but no evidence of it in the screenshots. Any video or additional screenshots?

Also, Bedlam is already the name of a 1996 game by GT Interactive, so there may be some trademark infringement going on here...
Hi Mindfield,

I'm the dev of the Bedlam client for iPhone. Yes, I admit the graphics are crappy . If you're looking for eye candy, any fantasy card game in the appstore looks better. But for us it's not about that because the quality of the world is excellent (I didn't create the world and it's free to play via telnet). And remember that the app price is one-time charge, unlike most other MMO's which are only pseudo-free.

To answer your questions:

1. The world is free-roaming but maybe not in the sense you are used to it. The building blocks are individual "rooms" and you move from one room to the next one using the cardinal directions + up & down. It's kind of like a chessboard except any room can be linked to any other. There are over 10,000 rooms in the game world - it takes years to explore.

2. There is no trademark violation in the game name, so please don't worry about that.

plamzi
bedlam dev