★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Go Game

03-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Go Game

I would like to recommend a Go game to all Go fans.

Description

Go is also known as igo (囲碁), wiq (围棋), or baduk (바둑).
This Go game carries thousands of Go problems and professional Go games in your pocket with a very strong graphic interface.

Go game features:

1 7000 go problems(a very huge database and will be expanded to 40,000 in future)

2 Each problem has a text explanation in detail to help you understand why.

3 There are two modes for solving problems.

One mode is auto-run mode which enable you to solve each step by yourself or obtain a help from the software.
And in this mode, 19x19 layout is used and detailed text explanation for each step is attached.

Another mode is problem solving mode, in this mode you will solve the problems by your self. And this mode uses a small layout ( some problem may not work in this mode because of the small layout)

Both modes can record your play process and four options (forward, backward, go to the begin, and go to the end) are supplied.

4 A tutorial which includes many games with detail explanation are supplied

5 sgf graphic interface just like any popular Go software

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/go-game/id363874000?mt=8
03-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
In my opinion the best Go Software is Smart Go. There are three versions for the iPhone: http://www.smartgo.com/en/touchcompare.htm ...

Regards,
Sascha

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
$13 is a little steep for SmartGo pro, but I agree the interface looks nice and is feature rich.

Personally, am waiting on an iPhone Go app that can connect to KGS.

(yes, I know there is one for IGS - perhaps that will be good enough as soon as I feel strong enough to play on the Panda servers)

Who you calling Junior?

FortyRock on Plus+ and OpenFeint
03-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
I have paid the 13$ for the Pro Version and I don't regret it. If you are a Go Fan it is worth the money. It is in my opinion the best Go Software for the iPhone right now. I have also the PC Version and I am glad with it.

Regards,
Sascha

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
04-18-2010, 06:53 AM
I think it will be better than Smart Go. Smart Go is too expensive and Go game supplies many functions that smart Go doesn't own.
04-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I like Aya Go.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
thx for ur sp!
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I've been wanting to get into Go, but as a beginner I don't know if it's worth it for me to put down $13 for Smart Go Pro and the cheaper ones look pretty light on features. Frankly I'm not sure about $5.99 for Go Game either without any reviews or impressions, although it looks like it might be ideal for beginners. I'm sure I sound cheap, btw, but it seems like a lot of the Go apps out there are buggy and not well-supported.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms