★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Jetpack Dragon IV: Village Burntopia

03-31-2010, 04:53 PM

It's been a while since we've gotten to announce any games or updates so I'm here with our first bit of news in a while...

Jetpack Dragon is here in Village Burntopia, sent back to Ancient China, with one goal: Terrorizing Villagers. But I'm getting ahead of myself...first, an introduction.
Meet Jetpack Dragon:

You control Jetpack Dragon as he runs, jumps, hovers, dashes, destroys, and most importantly, burnina...*ahem* I mean, burns...villages.

The game features constantly increasing difficulties, as well as the now-standard online leaderboards and awards. But enough of these words, on to a screenshot:

And those tiny specks on the grass? None other the evil hordes fleeing from your righteous flames! And how do we know they're evil? Simple. You're the good guy and video game science says anyone not you isn't.

And you can't argue with Science.

Coming Soon to iPhone and iPod Touch.

Bryan - President - The Muteki Corporation
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice
Dragon Fantasy
03-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
This game looks interesting....

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo

03-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone!

Some things that Bryan didn't mention about the game, but I think are pretty awesome:

* Free! It's friggin free! Freeeeeeeeee!
* Plus+ integration for leaderboards and awards, as well as some awesome dragon player badges! My favorite award is "Hungry Hungry Dragon!" But there are like a dozen of them that will reward all sorts of play styles.
* Villages aren't the only thing in the game: Bash through walls, dash under gates, and eat as many meat haunches as you can while you go!

I sadly didn't get to work much on this project, but Bryan and the guys did a great job with it -- hopefully it'll be out soon so you can partake in the burnination!

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan
Co-Founder, Muteki Corporation
Recently Released: Super Jetpack Dragon IV: Village Burntopia!(iTunes link) (web site)
The Battle of Pirate Bay! (iTunes link) (web site)

Last edited by Ryan @ Muteki Corp; 03-31-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
03-31-2010, 05:24 PM
FREE that makes it even better

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
04-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Was there ever I, II or III? 'cause from the first glance it almost looks like Super Street Fighter IV
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
The Dragon games have a long and mysterious history, much of which has been lost to time. I'm happy to share bits and pieces as we get a hold of them though.

For instance, here's a screenshot from the original Dragon game: Dragon 1 for the Atari 2600.

Released shortly after the video game crash of 1983 (curse you, E.T.!), Dragon 1 fell into obscurity despite its compelling gameplay and advanced 12 color graphics. Much of the spirit lives on in its latest successor though, SJD4!

Ryan
Recently Released: Super Jetpack Dragon IV: Village Burntopia!(iTunes link) (web site)
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Is there a Trogdor cameo?

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
04-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B34$T View Post
Is there a Trogdor cameo?
I wish, but Trogdor and the dragon got into a vicious argument one time about the correct way to burn down villages. I'm pretty sure they're not on speaking terms anymore.

(If I had to guess, I'm guessing the dragon is just envious of Trogodor's buffed arm)

Ryan
04-02-2010, 06:38 PM
As Ryan mentioned...

It is free.
It is plus+ enabled with awards and leaderboards.

And most important - it is submitted to Apple!

So farewell upcoming games thread...soon to be followed by a release announcement when it goes live.

Bryan - President - The Muteki Corporation
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice
Dragon Fantasy