★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: #1 Paid App in Korea!

Incredibly Addictive - Easy to Learn - One Finger Play

Friendly competition.
Earn OpenFeint achievements based on your score and performance
Challenge your friends over Facebook and Twitter!

In iHelicopter, you guide Helie only with a single finger to tap anywhere on the screen - to avoid monsters and collect items on a sketchbook.

When you touch your screen and hold your finger, Helie will accelerate upward. When you stop pressing, Helie will fall down and crash into a tree!
Avoid birds, monsters, trees and clouds. Collect Balloons and all 7 items for +5000 bonus points!

How to play:
Tap anywhere on the screen.

Items:
Balloons: (+100 points)
Speed Booster:(+100 points) Helie flies faster and become invincible!
Mini-Helie:(+100 points) Helie gets smaller
Big-Helie:(+500 points) Helie gets bigger
Shield:(+100 points) Shield protects Helie from crashing
Upside-down:(+1000 points) Helie flips upside-down
Gun: (+100 points) Helie gets equipped with a gun
Missile: (+100 points) Helie gets equipped with a missile launcher

Full version / premium features:
Background music, sound effects
Various backgrounds day, night, sunset, snow, rain and more!
Play your iPod music while playing this game
OpenFeint for global & local score/leaderboard and achievements
Share your score on Facebook and Twitter challenge your friends!
Multiple items, obstacles for more FUN!

Have Fun!

Please, press the home button and put down your iPhone & iPod at night. You need to sleep! Do not play iHelicopter all night!

Watch our Video Trailer at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgb8sE510Pg
03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm actually pretty curious about this one.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

03-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
I swear I will never buy another app that says something along the means of BE WARNED- Addictive.

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
03-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swishinj View Post
I swear I will never buy another app that says something along the means of BE WARNED- Addictive.
yah, they stole it from Doodle Jump

Hakuna Matata
03-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
yah, they stole it from Doodle Jump
Pretentious to be sure and I long for the day this stupid gimmick DOESN'T help sales.

My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Game Impressions

It actually might be the best over-the-top feature packed copter game out there!

Youtube link | Pop Up

My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
...pretty intriguing from that video...you're right on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
03-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
...pretty intriguing from that video...you're right on that one
The controls are pretty decent and it introduces a weird "bingo-esque" side mission for big bonus points (5,000)...try to grab all 7 of the game's power-up in a single run. The ones you've already grabbed are shown up top so it is very clear that, say, at this given point you're only missing one upside-down and a speed boost to complete your set.

My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Pretentious to be sure and I long for the day this stupid gimmick DOESN'T help sales.
agreed
Does look like a good game though!

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
04-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Real good casual game here. Addicting? Yes. The game challenges you to fly for distance, points, balloons, and enemy kills and there are Openfeint leaderboards for each. Its got some good sketch artwork graphics and background music to go with the gameplay

The controls of the game are simple. The screen and the copter will move forward automatically. Pressing and holding will make the copter rise up, tapping will keep you steady, releasing will cause the copter to descend. If the copter touches the top of the screen you will lose control of it for 1 second, which doesn't seem like much but can be deadly if an enemy is near. If the copter hits the bottom of the screen at all it will crash. Making contact with an enemy will also cause the copter to crash. So the main goal is to fly around dodging enemies that fly by while earning points for distance and by collecting balloons/other items along the way. There are powerup items that will affect the helicopter and give bonus points when collected. The powerups are temporary and include a speed booster, a shield, a gun, and a missile. The speed booster will rocket you forward in a straight line quickly for a good distance, the shield will allow you to run through enemies without taking damage. The gun and the missile will shoot automatically and kill any enemies directly in front of the copter. A few other powerups such as Mini-helie, Big-helie, and Upside Down change the size and direction of the helicopter for a limited time. If you manage to collect at least one of each of the 7 powerup items in a game you will earn 5000 bonus points.

This game runs smooth and the controls are great. Its a perfect Openfeint pickup and play game that can be enjoyed when you have 2 minutes to spare or even a full hour to kill. Because it's one of those "one mistake and its over" games for the most part, each game will typically last about 2-4 minutes on average, but when I started playing this app I didn't put it down for almost an hour. Its fun, addicting, and the replay value is definitely there with fun gameplay and leaderboards. There are a few achievements to go for as well.

So I highly recommend this for those looking for another good casual game. I give this a 9/10 for a pickup and play game.