★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Ipad games invade the store

04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Ipad games invade the store

I'm simply flabbergasted by the variety of ipad games just being launched (eg. Super monkey ball sakura edition, gameloft, etc) be ready to empty your wallets, cuz they cost a lot more!!
04-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Anyone that can afford an iPad can afford to pay a little extra for games

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix

04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi,

I have seen this over the last few days.

My opinion is that some developers are in for a rude awakening with both price and maybe not enough improvements in the Ipad versions for two versions of their app being available.

I am all for developers making money and do not complain about prices but the double dipping without really making the app worth the double purchase that is going on from some developers, is frustrating.

For me, I juust plan to stop buying apps for now, and see how things shake out in the next few months.

Some of these Ipad versions are amazing and look to be worth buying but consumers only have so much money to spend and will likely only buy one version of these apps.

Looking forward to seeing some reviews of these once the Ipad is out.

David
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure some of these apps will fail, initially, seeing as the devs haven't been able to test their apps on the actual device meaning that they cannot perfect the controls and the performance.

Hakuna Matata
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
The problem for me is I will not buy two different versions if the same app.
I have many of the apps that they are now coming out with ipad versions of, and I don't see the point in buying the same app again only for more than I originally bought it for.

I cancertaunly see if an app used more of the ipad functionality and was created around it's UI in more of a unique way but just HD isn't nearly enough to justify buying and app again when I already have it.

My point is almost every game should be able to play on ipad I terms of HD by way of optimization from the device itself not from the developers end.
04-01-2010, 12:42 PM
You can do screen scaling natively.
04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
You can do screen scaling natively.
Yeah. But that is the same iPhone app just stretched for free. The smart games are updating/making it dlc to have a nicer strecthed to ipad fit. Because I'm with the rest of you! Just because I'm buying a $500 device, dikes not mean I have all the money I need. If it's the same app with everything the same but graphics, well then why would I buy it again for $10??

The Life Blog
Minecraft
04-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Developers should be forced to dance for my pocket change!!!

Just wait a month, I'm sure the iPad App Store pricing will get burnt to the ground just like the iPhone.
04-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
Yeah. But that is the same iPhone app just stretched for free. The smart games are updating/making it dlc to have a nicer strecthed to ipad fit. Because I'm with the rest of you! Just because I'm buying a $500 device, dikes not mean I have all the money I need. If it's the same app with everything the same but graphics, well then why would I buy it again for $10??
Yeah and apparently (according to STP) normal apps look really bad when they are upscaled on the iPad.
If you own the game for iPhone/iPod Touch then you should at least get a discount when you get the iPad version.

Hakuna Matata
04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
th game from ipad now appears on developed itunes page